Coles' value with Ramsey at QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Coles' value with Ramsey at QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Coles' value with Ramsey at QB?

Postby inferno19 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:08 pm

Ramsey looks to him alot. And I dont think theyre gonna play Brunell, although they have to justify signing him. Also, Coles' performance jumped significantly with Ramsey in.

The Skins remind me of being in this constantly rebuilding thing. Like, they have a bunch of great core players, but they're always playing under their potential....like they're playing for a draft pick or something. Like, I know on my copy of Madden, I'll sometimes sim and sabotage a whole season for a draft pick. Of course, the Skins dont do that...they unload huge contracts on guys instead.

Hate the skins right now.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wizbang » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:54 am

All values go up with Brunell out. He has played worse than I thought a veteran QB in the NFL could without being benched. Gibbs kept Brunell in there because he wanted to justify that waste of salary cap money AND because their defense was actually winning games for the Skins. Everyone knew (fans, media and such) that as soon as the Skins fell behind which was inevitable Brunell's total suckitude would be exposed. They did and it was.

Ramsey started by playing nearly as poorly as Brunell. Nearly. He picked it up though and that definitely helped Coles and everyone else. While this helps Coles, Ramsey also spreads the ball around and you still have old man Gibbs making the calls plus the good defense. I expect Coles to be a solid #3 down the stretch as long as Ramsey is the starter.

Let me just say one more time: I have NEVER seen a QB play worse than Brunell and I'm a Lions fan.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:00 am

Coles was already somewhere in the top 5 for WR looks this year. I don't know how much more he can "improve" unless he actually ends up getting more catches now that Ramsey is in. He didn't look all that great today once he came in.

I'm still wary of starting him in either of the leagues where I have him. The Redskins offense is going to have to show me that they are much improved before I will bench Burleson.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby wizbang » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:07 am

Agree on looks and that Ramsey didn't look that good. Just noting that Brunell's passes were way off target all year long. Hopefully with a capable QB those looks will translate into catchable balls. Also, Coles has dropped a number of passes this year. Some of that is due to being hung out to dry by Brunell a number of times but that excuse is gone now.

Lastly, Brunell sucks. ;-D
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:13 am

Gibbs has to take some credit for this poor offense. Maybe Portis was full of it, but when he said the D knows what's coming I sorta agree. The D looked like they knew what was coming, they were all over them all game.

Skins are actually lucky to get the wins they got. Maybe Spurrier wasn't that bad.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:21 am

Siggyfawn wrote:Gibbs has to take some credit for this poor offense. Maybe Portis was full of it, but when he said the D knows what's coming I sorta agree. The D looked like they knew what was coming, they were all over them all game.

Skins are actually lucky to get the wins they got. Maybe Spurrier wasn't that bad.

Let's not start losing our minds, here...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:28 pm

Remember last year when Ramsey was pretty damn good! His only problem was getting sacked 8 times a game...that was the offensive lines fault...i don't see why he got punished for that.
acsguitar
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Commish » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:34 pm

I can't explain how bad Ramsey looked yesterday (he could of EASILY had 4+ INT's -- he threw RIGHT TO Cincy defenders as much to his own team -- they just couldn't catch!). The fact he looked better than Brunell goes beyond words.

What Ramsey does bring is the ability to throw it downfield (which will give Portis more running room) -- but god only knows where it is going when the pass leaves his hands.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dirtbags » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:41 pm

Let's just hope that Gibbs is as patient with Ramsey as he was with Bum....ell.

A week of practice taking most of the snaps should result in a good game next week. Regardless, I wouldn't start any Redskins except for their defense.

"C'mon, Sandy baby, loosen up. You're too tight."
Dirtbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treerucker_ffc » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:48 pm

the kid's got talet, and probably wasn't getting any practice time or attn.....with gibbs trying to win right away with brunell, now he should get the reps and snaps, and teaching to take him to be a strong starter in the league
treerucker_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk