Corey Dillon: Underrated STUD rb? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon: Underrated STUD rb?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Corey Dillon: Underrated STUD rb?

Postby gatorman1122 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:32 pm

He had over 150 yds (although 0 tds) in 26 carries (barely under 6 yds per carry) against one of the best run defenses in the NFL (4th). How will he do for the rest of the season?

upcoming schedule:
@KC
Bal
@Cle
Cin
@Mia
@NYJ
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby work4beerz » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:38 pm

He has been an underated RB for about 5 years.
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby crimsonrebel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:54 pm

Expext the numbers to hold up with the weather getting colder. Dillon is a 60 minute man. Thank goodness he's offsetting my disappointing RBs (barlow and griffin).
crimsonrebel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby a4ce » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:21 am

Somewhat concerned with BAL and NYJ but I'm riding Dillon anyway. He is very underated in my opinion.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:30 am

There is good reason for his reputation as a lowly underated back. One is he can't really catch the ball and be a Two-dimensional threat

He has never *to my short memory* been CONSISTENT. Unless you count consistenty inconsistent. :-[

Until this year. In EIGHT Games played.

Carries: Min-15 Max-32
5x 20+ in eight games

Yards: 79 lowest for the year against Bills in week 3

5x 100+ yards *Twice 150+ yards*

Need i say that each game he has played in they have won. He did not play in the game at PITTS.

Because of these numbers and this New England team i am strongly considering him in my ONE KEEPER LEAGUE.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:31 am

crimsonrebel wrote:Expext the numbers to hold up with the weather getting colder. Dillon is a 60 minute man. Thank goodness he's offsetting my disappointing RBs (barlow and griffin).

Its about time to cut bait with GRIFFIN(?).
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Dillon

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:02 am

Dillon is great (and I'm a New Englander), but the makeup of the team is such that he doesn't stack up fantasy-wise to the top eight or so running backs. It's hard to picture him scoring four or five TDs in a game, simply because the receivers will always get in on the action.

That said, 80-100 yds and a TD more often than not should be his norm, making him one of the best #2 RBs in the league (or a lower #1 in larger leagues.)

In leagues where you get 1 pt per 10 yds rushing, Dillon is a safe bet each week for solid points. In TD-only leagues, there are many better options.

UNDEFEATED says >>>

One is he can't really catch the ball and be a Two-dimensional threat
<<<

What does that mean in most leagues, honestly? Let's say you give him Priest Holmes' impressive reception numbers of 19 catches for 187 yards and a TD. That will get you 15 pts in a lot of leagues ... make it 24 if you give half a point for receptions. Either way, less than 2 or 3 more fantasy points/game. While every point is appreciated, most RB's receptions have little impact on their fantasy totals. Sure, if you have Tiki Barber and some clueless owner set receiving yards points to 1 per 10 yds, then you have something to smile about, but for most RBs receptions are just a little gravy.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:12 am

Like it has been said, the Pats are having to change their offense to maximize Dillon. The Pats have NEVER been a power running team. They have never been a running team at all. Recently they were always a pass first offense.

You can see this on the goal line. Dillon had at least 5 goal line carries yesterday, and the line was just getting blown back. They aren't a great short yardage team. They are great at pass blocking, not run blocked. Dillon had 100 yds AFTER CONTACT.

That being said, the cold weather should help Dillon. He's avging 110 yds a game and as the season goes on they keep relying on him more and more. You saw the game he missed, they were horrible. Bills hadn't given up a 100 yd rusher until last night. So Dillon is a stud, it's just the TDs that have been few and far between. And it's not even like someone is stealing them. The pats are just a pass first team that is trying to convert into a power running team. The KC game will be a good check. He should run for 150, and should get 2 TDs. If he goes for 100-125 yds and 0 TDs again, then I just can't see him getting bunches of TDs down the stretch. But last night does give some hope that he will be able to punch a few more in against bad Ds.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iloveny18 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:53 am

dillon is has been quietly a top 10 rb. the thing is, corey dillon is a key to that offense. if he's not there, it's tough for them and as a result get a lose to pit and get 4 carries for 3 yards from faulk. dillon is the only consistent fantasy threat on that team. but the bad side is, they don't run the freakin ball in the red zone. you have a power rb, use him.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DanDigital » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:37 am

After two back to back 100-yard games someone in my league DROPPED Dillon and he sat on the waiver wire for about three days before I took a shot on him. I think Dillon is an absolute stud on the Pats, maybe he wouldn't be that great a back on a team where he is the only weapon (like the Chargers last year) but he has excelled with New England and I hope he continues to excel.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk