Another "Sean Salisbury is dumb" comment. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Another "Sean Salisbury is dumb" comment.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another "Sean Salisbury is dumb" comment.

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:48 pm

He just called Peyton Manning "The greatest QB of all time." Yeah, he's good, and he's having an unbelievable year, but the best ever? Most years he isn't constantly throwing 3 TD's a game. He could get hurt tomorrow and that would be that.

What have you done for me lately is good for some things, but not when you're talking about great players. What a dufus. :-t
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaChiefs » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:53 pm

he could be putting together the greatest single season by a quarterback ever. I dont think its far fetched to say he could one day be considered the greatest to ever play the position, but to call him that right now is a stretch.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:54 pm

DaChiefs wrote:he could be putting together the greatest single season by a quarterback ever. I dont think its far fetched to say he could one day be considered the greatest to ever play the position, but to call him that right now is a stretch.

Agreed. I can see kind of where he's saying it from, but he's really pushing the limits by saying that. The greatest QB of all-time should ATLEAST have a SuperBowl ring under his belt, which Peyton doesn't have.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby work4beerz » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:55 pm

It is not that strange of a comment. I mean it is a QB's job to score, and well he seems to do it better than the rest. And it is not like he is fragile. He rarely gets hit.
Kind of reminds me of the Best QB so far, Marino.
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:45 am

I think Salisbury is getting "best QB of all time" and "way better than I ever was" confused. Peyton is good, but still too early for best ever tag IMO.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:43 am

I agree it's a bit far-fetched at this point. Could it be possible to say when he is said and done? Absolutely.

He is putting up incredible numbers this year, and his stats have been great the past few years. I do agree lets see what he has won when it's done too.

I do think this is by far the best he has played. He seems to be justifying that enormous contract he signed in the offseason.

The biggest thing I agree with above, is Salisbury is a dufus.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:49 am

Salisbury's statement isn't without merit, but it is more of a by product of the hyperbole that oozes out of commentators pie holes like flatulance blasting out of a bloated Camel's...uh...well you get the gist of it. One of my favorite drinking games on Sunday's is to take a shot whenever a broadcaster says that someone is the best at something. You'd be amazed how often you'll find that muttered. Salisbury is just following the program: Don't think about it, just pimp it. Manning is the greatest, A Johnson is the best...etc. Wasn't it just a couple seasons ago that Chucky was the best coach?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:51 am

kanezfan11 wrote:I can see kind of where he's saying it from, but he's really pushing the limits by saying that. The greatest QB of all-time should ATLEAST have a SuperBowl ring under his belt, which Peyton doesn't have.

Agree completely. Peyton is having a great year, possibly greatest ever for a qb and has had a very good career but let's see this guy take the Colts to a Super Bowl first.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

re

Postby dodger » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:55 am

i think it is a blanket statement also attached with favre depending on how the stats add up that particular week. salisbury is a dumb former qback jumpin on the peyton manning bandwagon, somehow the patriots have his number though. he could be like marino and never getting a superbowl win.
"we couldn't do diddly-poo" jim mora
dodger
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby work4beerz » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:47 pm

I guess I just don't get why a Superbowl win makes you a great QB.
Pick three of these that make a differance in the type of QB you are.
1. TDs
2. Passing Yards
3. Two Minute Drills
4. How many points the defense allows.
5. How many points the special teams allows
6. How many points the defense scores
7. How many teams the special teams scores.
8. How many yards your RB gets.

If you pick any but the top three, look up the definition of QB.
The others will determine if you win a game.

1.If your QB scores 5 tds will he win? Only if the defense holds the other team under that.
2.If the QB only gets them close enough to score 1 field goal will they win? If the defense scores or shuts out the other team.
Now which is the better QB?
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting