Randy Moss Injury Timeline after today's loss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss Injury Timeline after today's loss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss Injury Timeline after today's loss

Postby Warpigs » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:18 am

Let me re-state that this is a PREDICTION. Nothing official has been posted anywhere about this yet. The last word we all knew on Randy Moss was that he'd definitely be out this week against Green Bay, may get some playing time for Detroit in week 11 (but not anything major) and then try to be full-strength by the time Minnesota plays Jacksonville in week 12.

However, I think that today's loss to Green Bay will change that timeline considerably. I believe the Vikings were pretty confident that they could beat the Packers without Moss, and so they made it a point to keep Moss off the field. However, Minnesota's loss today puts the Vikings behind the Packers in the NFC North standings, and looking at the remaining schedules of both teams, the Vikings can't afford to lose any more contests.

The Vikings have their back to the walls, and Moss is someone who has played through pain before. It's killing him that he isn't on the field, and the competitor in him won't allow him to sit on the sidelines too long while his team struggles.

So, I strongly feel that Moss will start this coming weekend against Detroit and will play most of the game (unless the Vikings run up a huge lead early).

Any other opinions? Until we have official word one way or another, we're left to make our own predictions.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Randy Moss Injury Timeline after today's loss

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:10 am

Warpigs wrote:.
the competitor in him won't allow him to sit on the sidelines too long while his team struggles.

Is this the same Moss that once said he takes plays off?

I don't know what they'll do. Clearly, the Vikes are a different team w/out Moss and it took a monumental 4th quarter from CPep for the Vikings to even try to steal one at Lambeau. But now they trail the Pack and that's not good when you're trying to win your division or even make the playoffs. I think he may rest another week (even w/out Moss, they should be able to handle Detroit-- SHOULD). And even if they stick a hobbled Moss in there, it won't do any good. See the two games where they tried it.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:48 am

He looked to be limping pretty bad on the sideline, while he cheered for his teamates.

i would not be surprised if he were OUT, MIN 2 games MAX 4-5.
As a matter of fact if the tear in his hammy*if i remember correctly* keeps him out for the rest of the season.

Just some of my own ideas.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cupertino_11 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:41 am

I'll agree with Mad Benjamin. The Viking's record has no bearing on whether or not Moss' hamstring heals faster. There are certain injuries that you can play through, but a hamstring tear is not one of them......especially for a WR. As a Moss owner, I'm also eager for him to get back on the field, but Tice is playing the situation correctly. Let Moss sit til the MRI says otherwise.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DanDigital » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:40 am

Moss' expression when the band came out with the signs that read "Where you at Moss?" was priceless.

If the band had done that to Terrell Owens he would have scored a touchdown and crammed the ball down the fat kid's tuba.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warpigs » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:47 am

What I was getting at with this post is that I truly feel that Moss will push himself to play BECAUSE Minnesota is in so much trouble. Not only do the Packers have a lead in the NFC-North now, but Chicago and Detroit are breathing down the Vikings' collective neck. I don't think you can just assume that Minnesota will beat Detroit without Moss. I know the Minnesota record isn't going to heal Moss' injury faster -- but it may rush him back before he's ready, and that can only lead to more hearache for fantasy owners.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:15 am

I just tore my hamstring about a month and a half ago.

It took me about a month of stretching and physical therapy to get my strenth back with no pain. I'm still not quite 100%

I was told that I recovered about as quickly as possible because typically it takes a minimum of a month. Hamstrings seem to heal slowly and you have to not stress them while they do so.

I think Randy is out at least 1 more week. If he plays next week I think it's a bad decision because he will probably re-injure and set back the healing process.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:48 am

saundman2000 wrote: If he plays next week I think it's a bad decision because he will probably re-injure and set back the healing process.

Agree. Everyone is different and heal differently but one thing is for sure if he tries to come back to soon he will only reinjure it and be out longer. They should have sat him from the beginning to let it heal.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:53 am

With the worse rated offense coming to town(the Lions) I can see no reson why the ViQueens would feel any pressure to have Candy play. It would be foolish to a level that even Tice may not ignore.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

I know its early..

Postby steindawg » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:43 pm

but yahoo is already saying he will sit this week

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns

Killing me...
steindawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next