Dallas Clark.. worth while??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dallas Clark.. worth while???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dallas Clark.. worth while???

Postby flexnsa » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:35 am

any thoughts???
flexnsa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:47 am

Anyone on Indy's offense is worth a look if they are in the game for a decent amount of plays. Dallas probably won't be a consistent stud because Pollard will take some of his looks. But, if you really need someone, he's another guy to add to the growing list of servicable TE's (Wiggins, Dilger, Clark, and Boo Williams). ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:41 am

Hell yes he's worth a look... I wouldn't count on him to have huge days week in and week out, but if you don't have a stud TE, then I would definitely consider giving Clark a shot... With Manning throwing 4-5 TD's a game, there is always a good possibility that one goes his way... The other good thing about Indy's offense (for non-Edge owners) is that Indy likes to throw the ball at the goal line... They have very little faith in Edge's ability to pound it in the endzone, and 9 times out of 10 they will pass inside the 5... That makes for a lot of TD opportunities for the TE's... Even if Pollard and Clark split those looks, there are still quite a few to go around...

I would rank the TE's something like this, right now:

Gates
Gonzo
McMichael
Crumpler
E. Johnson
Shockey
Witten
Wiggins
Clark

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:46 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Hell yes he's worth a look... I wouldn't count on him to have huge days week in and week out, but if you don't have a stud TE, then I would definitely consider giving Clark a shot... With Manning throwing 4-5 TD's a game, there is always a good possibility that one goes his way... The other good thing about Indy's offense (for non-Edge owners) is that Indy likes to throw the ball at the goal line... They have very little faith in Edge's ability to pound it in the endzone, and 9 times out of 10 they will pass inside the 5... That makes for a lot of TD opportunities for the TE's... Even if Pollard and Clark split those looks, there are still quite a few to go around...

I would rank the TE's something like this, right now:

Gates
Gonzo
McMichael
Crumpler
E. Johnson
Shockey
Witten
Wiggins
Clark

Nice ranking of TE at this point. I agree with them to a "T".

You have to remember with Dallas Clark that he's involved in an offense that is massive. Any given week, one or two of the receivers/TE in Indy will explode while others will barely show up. Dallas, Stokley and Wayne had their big day yesterday at Marvin Harrison's expense. Next week, Harrison may blow up big and Dallas Clark do nothing much.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby DanDigital » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:38 am

I would put Witten over Shockey but other than that I agree with the list.

Of course Dallas Clark is a stud. He is a white receiver on the Colts. And since Peyton Manning is a huge racist Clark is sure to thrive.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:48 am

Yes he is a stud at this point. The way the Colts are playing offensively, and they have a favorable schedule coming up: Houston again, Detroit, San Diego....Nice.

But I wouldn't expect him to get an 80 yd td everyweek either...

I guess the question should be why is he still available in your league?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:57 pm

DanDigital wrote:I would put Witten over Shockey but other than that I agree with the list.

Of course Dallas Clark is a stud. He is a white receiver on the Colts. And since Peyton Manning is a huge racist Clark is sure to thrive.

did reggie wayne and marvin harrision turn white suddenly? I seem to remember him looking towards them a few times this year.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:00 pm

DanDigital wrote:I would put Witten over Shockey but other than that I agree with the list.

ha, where the hell did this come from???
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk