ELI starting in New York now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ELI starting in New York now

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:43 pm

I'm penciling Eli in for 3TDs per game ala his big brother.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:04 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
The_Commish wrote:
1crzydmnd wrote:The Atlanta D just moved to the top of defenses to play for week 11.

The same Atlanta D that gave up 50-some points to KC?

Atlanta is the 4th highest scoring fantasy defense in my league.

Ahead of teams such as the Patriots. Eagles, Bucs, etc.

Don't sleep on them.

Damn, BH, you've really been impressing me as of late... less outwardly heartless dissing, more fact, knowledge and cold, hard logic. Keep it up!

And I definitely agree with you. Atlanta already has a top defense... and KC is the top offense on the league. No shame in losing to the best... Not to mention, but does anyone have a figure on how well QBs do on their first game? Roeth did well, but this is very scarce... most QBs do pitiful. Losman has a great 2 pass game yesterday... one complete for five yards, the other an INT (I know you can't judge a guy on 2 throws... but it was funny).

Peyton's first game, he had a 58.6 rating with 1 TD and 3 INTs
Favre was 0 for 5 with 2 INTs in Atlanta...

And frankly, I can't find many more studs with game logs... but traditionally, QBs don't do well their first game. I think you're out of luck, Kanez...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:26 pm

Man, the Giants had a lot of promise. Seems to me they've thrown in the towel. OK, they weren't going anywhere with Warner, but they were winning...

They were 5-2 and looking like they had it figured out on both sides of the ball. Instead, their defense loses two of their best players and their O-Line allows almost four sacks a game. I suppose it's good to get their big-time draft pick in there, but I don't know if he's going to get them into the playoffs. If their line does not improve, Eli is going to get hammered. I would assume that every team that plays them will blitz almost every down and just eat him up.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby vdragon78 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:03 pm

this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the giants.
i don't mind seing Eli. Watching Warner has been painful.

true Eli will get knocked around this year -- but he needs this experience.
If the giants work on improving their O-line in the offseason, look out!! Studs at QB, RB, and TE, good WRs. On defense, they will have the best young secondary in the league -- W.Allen, W.Peterson, S.Williams, G.Wilsons, and a decent D-line and linebackers...

might be wishfull thinking on my part, but if Eli doesn't go Ryan Leaf route, the Giants will be in the playoffs next year.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:09 pm

I bet this move would not have been made if Big Ben would have not had much success as he is having. Big Ben is rare and Eli will not live up to the hype.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:09 pm

I bet this move would not have been made if Big Ben would have not had much success as he is having. Big Ben is rare and Eli will not live up to the hype.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:12 pm

TheOneManShow 26 wrote:I bet this move would not have been made if Big Ben would have not had much success as he is having. Big Ben is rare and Eli will not live up to the hype.

I doubt it. NFL coaches know that starting a rookie is not a great idea, but they might consider the rookie to be ready and want him to get some game experience. I think Tom Coughlin knows what he is doing. It is win-win for him, if Eli comes in and is great he wins, even if Eli is poor, he gets his feet wet and is ready to go next season, Leftwich-style.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:16 pm

TheOneManShow 26 wrote:I bet this move would not have been made if Big Ben would have not had much success as he is having. Big Ben is rare and Eli will not live up to the hype.

I don't know about that. General consensus has been that Eli would take the reins at some point this season. It has nothing to do with Roethlisberger and the Giants early success put off what everyone knew was inevitable anyway.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FlcnFan » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:43 pm

I agree that he should sit back and learn he has alot of hype to live up to and then throw him to the wolves (Atlanta will send the house at him) he could get hurt (physically and mentally). It's not all Warners fault about the offense I think it's the o-line
"I'm trying to be positive. I'm a big fan of the Nobel Peace Prize."

Ron Artest-Indiana Pacers Forward
FlcnFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby quickm0ng00se » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:11 pm

I'm penciling Eli in for 3TDs per game ala his big brother.

That would be nice. However, I think the thing that gets overlooked about his brother, is Peytons work ethic. The guy is a freak when it comes to game prep, watching film, and learning the game. I think all that work early in his career, is what is setting Manning apart from other QBs. (Along with a good system for him in IND.) Everything I've heard about Eli, is that he isn't his brother as far as work ethic is concerned. He could turn out as good as Peyton, but I don't think it's anywhere near as sure a thing. Watching Peyton when he was young, you knew he would be great. I just don't get that feeling from Eli.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk