CFL kicker gets free fertilizer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

CFL kicker gets free fertilizer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:14 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Go Argos. Allen is as close to a Flutie as we'll get.

Please Printers is going to take them apart.
Argos suck. (Better than those French bastards from Montreal though).

The Argos have a wicked pass defense. Printers will get owned.

As weak as the CFL is compared to the NFL, the Argos are the best team to watch. Their special teams plays are incredible, their defense forces mad turnovers, and their offense has a QB who is a grandpa. how can BC stop a grandpa?
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:49 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:

As weak as the CFL is compared to the NFL, the Argos are the best team to watch. Their special teams plays are incredible, their defense forces mad turnovers, and their offense has a QB who is a grandpa. how can BC stop a grandpa?

pretty easily. and BC is easily the best team to watch. doesnt matter if we put in printers or dave, and we have such playmakes as clermont, simon and thelwell. I wonder if we can have a grey cup pbc?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:57 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:

pretty easily. and BC is easily the best team to watch. doesnt matter if we put in printers or dave, and we have such playmakes as clermont, simon and thelwell. I wonder if we can have a grey cup pbc?

if we cna get someone to make them im definately game. by exciting i was talking about all sides of the ball. the argos easily have the best special teams in the league. the lions definately have the best offense, but the argos have that defense that forces turnovers like mad.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:07 pm

PBC for the Grey Cup? I'm in.

And that FG miss was ugly. This is a guy who holds the all-time record with a 62-yeard FG. Also, for a video of a 122-yard FG miss return, click here.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Evolution » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:11 am

MeShawn wrote:Missed a FG from the 1 yd line (18 yd FG attempt) 8-o

:-P

Actually, since the uprights are at the front of the endzone, which I think is 20 yards deep in the CFL, the ball was at the 11 yard line at the time of the snap. A PAT in the CFL is not even 18 yards, and the ball was on the left hash for the right-footed kicker. Granted, he should have made the kick easily, but those things happen once in a while.

Heck, I was at the game... GO BC! I'm in for a PBC for the cup if we can get one. I almost wanted to chant "Luuuuuuuuuuui!" when I realized he actually did retire :-) (was at Grey Cup '94 when he kicked that game-winner).
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:41 am

I'm up for a PBC (so long as it doesn't last until the next Grey Cup).

Should be a great game.

btw - anyone see that cheap shot on Allen? The guy was really trying to break his leg. That was the worst and most blatant attempt to injure that I've ever seen in football.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:36 pm

Phillion was going for 3 in a row.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm up for a PBC (so long as it doesn't last until the next Grey Cup).

Should be a great game.

btw - anyone see that cheap shot on Allen? The guy was really trying to break his leg. That was the worst and most blatant attempt to injure that I've ever seen in football.

Yeah, that was pretty sad. Kinda funny how both home teams lost their starting pivots, but because BC had 2, we were able to survive.

With the way the officiating has worked in BC's favor (except the one Calgary game), how can you not like the Lions ;-)
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:30 am

Evolution wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I'm up for a PBC (so long as it doesn't last until the next Grey Cup).

Should be a great game.

Yeah, that was pretty sad. Kinda funny how both home teams lost their starting pivots, but because BC had 2, we were able to survive.

With the way the officiating has worked in BC's favor (except the one Calgary game), how can you not like the Lions ;-)

I dont see how you can say we are blessed by bad officiating. Sure, that "offside" punt was a mistake, but so was the phantom td of a couple moths ago. And I dont know what barrett and the riders were talking about in the season finale, that was a face mask.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:38 am

I tried unsuccessfully to get grey cup paper bags made.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk