Anyone care about Jake Delhomme? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone care about Jake Delhomme?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone care about Jake Delhomme?

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:42 pm

He has a hairline fracture in his throwing hand thumb...He's day-to-day....think he'll be ok?

Does anyone start this guy? He's posting decent numbers...
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:49 pm

I'm watching this one. If Jake can't go, then it'll be Rodney Peete. Panthers are one dimensional as it is. If Peete starts, they will be without dimension. Good news if Peete starts for Zona D owners (like me).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:53 pm

Some people who are in 2 QB leagues probably do. Yes, he's fairly consistent with the numbers and sometimes throws in a big one when he has a good matchup. It also helps when they don't have a RB and they have a better chance throwing than running.

Who knows if he'll be OK...he's day to day! Keep checking the injury reports, but he still might be a game time decision next week. They have Arizona I think.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Screwed » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:54 pm

Nope.
Screwed
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:56 pm

thanks

He's my #2QB...I have Griese as my #1 (yeah, I'm F#cked)
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:58 pm

Delhomme has posted very solid numbers the past three weeks, and being on the Panthers, without a runningback capable of carrying the load, I think that he shouyld continue for the next couple weeks.

That said, an injury is the last things the Panthers want, although he's only listed as probable...
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:00 pm

I'm looking at my thumb right now and I'm trying to imagine what a hairline fracture to the tip would feel like...Jesus Christ Carolina has been delt some bad luck.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:05 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Some people who are in 2 QB leagues probably do. Yes, he's fairly consistent with the numbers and sometimes throws in a big one when he has a good matchup. It also helps when they don't have a RB and they have a better chance throwing than running.

Who knows if he'll be OK...he's day to day! Keep checking the injury reports, but he still might be a game time decision next week. They have Arizona I think.

I'm in a 2 QB league, and I agree with every word you wrote here. The loss of any running game is really a big boost to his value, and I'd hate to lose him at this point in the season.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk