STRATEGY QUESTION FOR TONIGHT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

STRATEGY QUESTION FOR TONIGHT

Moderator: Football Moderators

STRATEGY QUESTION FOR TONIGHT

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:11 pm

I am leading my matchup for the week by 2+ points and have Vinny going tonight. My opponent is done for the week. Should I sit Vinny as I already have it wrapped up or should I put him in as the chances of him getting negative points are slim?? I might need any points that he puts up at the end of the season.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:14 pm

I could get into the whole ethical side of the question, but since it's been done a few times before...

I would play the player you had in your lineup before the games started. MNF should not be an advantage in knowing your score. As you stated, you might need the points for the end of the year, so I would field your full team and go with whatever the outcome is.

BTW, we both have the chicky av thing going. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:15 pm

I'd do it.
he is unlikely to give you negative points, but you might need points:
- at the end of the season,
- this week if there was a scoring mistake/correction somewhere

you basically would have to get him hurt on the first play and throw a pick to lose....
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby matmat » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:17 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I would play the player you had in your lineup before the games started. MNF should not be an advantage in knowing your score.
;-D

what if you left one of the spots in your lineup empty originally and now find that you need points and have a previously benched player that is playing tonight. then what?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:20 pm

matmat wrote:I'd do it.
he is unlikely to give you negative points, but you might need points:
- at the end of the season,
- this week if there was a scoring mistake/correction somewhere

you basically would have to get him hurt on the first play and throw a pick to lose....

Like what happened to me earlier in the year with Deuce?? :-o

MB.......I had never even thought of this ethically. I don't really see the problem there. It's just like baseball to me. If I am winning all of the pitching cats entering the weekend, I don't see a problem with benching my pitchers. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a problem.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:22 pm

matmat wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:I would play the player you had in your lineup before the games started. MNF should not be an advantage in knowing your score.
;-D

what if you left one of the spots in your lineup empty originally and now find that you need points and have a previously benched player that is playing tonight. then what?

In my opinion, it's your fault or stupidity for not putting a player in there in the first place. If you are an ethical player, you leave them out and take the loss.

I understand Yahoo allows roster changes until very late, so people can justify the move. But to me, you're still doing something that you weren't planning on doing when you set your lineup. Leave it the same and honor your team.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:23 pm

I wouldn't drop him. Sure it's legal, but you could catch hell if you work with anybody in the league. I would keep him in for the points. It has come down to a few points for a playoff berth in my leagues over the years.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Bowie » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:27 pm

I wouldn't play him. Vinny is interception prone and Philly should play with a chip on their shoulder tonight. He shouldn't get you negative points, but given the match-up, I see no reason to risk it.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk