Alright Witten!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Alright Witten!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dplymkr88 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:20 am

I wouldn't expect numbers like tonight, but he's become Vinny's go to guy. He's the equal of Todd Heap, same type of player. No stud WRs, great pass catching TE. Is he a slam dunk next week? Probably not, would I take a chance on him....probably so.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:34 am

as it stands...even though witten gave me an incredible showing, i lost by .8 points. :-° perhaps a stat change later this week will help me out, but im not going to count on it. i had the assumption i had lost this week already, so its not something im going to cry over. but it could have put me from 6th to 4th overall. atleast it was fun to watch.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cleokatrah » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:41 am

I'm always a sucker for the tight ends ;) I was literally heartbroken for two years when Novacek broke his back. I played him over Wiggins this week too and let me tell you, I was having some reservations tonight before that first touch. Go Witten :)
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:43 am

[rant]I had Jason Witten on my team for most of the season in one of my leagues until I traded for Todd Heap the week he was SUPPOSED to come back (about three weeks ago now). Witten was scooped up (and has since become a stud at TE) and I've decided to play without a TE until Heap either returns or announces he's done for the year. ...the best TE available is L.J. Smith whose done nothing for a long time, so I'd rather keep my two backup QBs that I'll never use (Tim Rattay, Brian Griese).[/rant]
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Cyclone » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:26 am

Was down by 21 coming into tonights game with Witten and Westbrook going. Was nervous in the begining with Levens getting some touches, but ended up winning by 34. What a MONSTER game by Witten. Was going to trade him this week, but now I might stick with him and dish McMichael. Never thought I would be saying that.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:57 am

I have Witten in my big money league. Some didn't know who he was when I took him. I'll bet they know him now. I just hope Testaverde stays in at QB. If they switch to another QB later, it may negatively impact his season. But from the way Tuna spoke last week in a press conference, Vinny is his man here on out.

It's amazing how TE's under Parcells just flourish. First it was Mark Bavaro, then Ben Coates and now Jason Witten. Way to go.

Witten...you the man. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting