MNF next year. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

MNF next year.

Moderator: Football Moderators

MNF next year.

Postby work4beerz » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:56 pm

They should schedule two games. So that they can switch at the point when the first one gets boring.
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:09 pm

if they just got rid of madden there wouldn't be any boredom
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:36 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:if they just got rid of madden there wouldn't be any boredom

I dont know I like madden I know alot of people dont on here but I enjoy his analysis and what not I know he makes alot of dumb comments from time to time but comeon the guys getting old. But I think its just the classic voice from the video game that makes me want to listen.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:45 pm

PTI blurbed something about how the NFL will cater the "better" weekly games to ABC for MNF next season. Don't know how that will pan out.

Hopefully that means no Dallas vs. Redskins. Cause really, that was neat to watch like, 7 years ago.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jjdub » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:38 pm

I have heard that only the first 8 games will be set as monday or sunday night games and the final 8 will be chosen closer to the actual game day...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:51 pm

jjdub wrote:I have heard that only the first 8 games will be set as monday or sunday night games and the final 8 will be chosen closer to the actual game day...

Wow,sounds pretty good and will definitely provide more excitment for some MNF games.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:03 pm

wouldn't that affect DirecTV and the deal they are negotiating? I wouldn't think they would be overly happy about getting some not so intruiging matchups given to them and better ones taken from them in mid-season.

That might in affect cost them viewers purchasing the Sunday Ticket, once people realize the better games are going to be on Monday night now each week.

All that said, they would still likely get my $$$.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jjdub » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:14 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:wouldn't that affect DirecTV and the deal they are negotiating? I wouldn't think they would be overly happy about getting some not so intruiging matchups given to them and better ones taken from them in mid-season.

According to this quote from SI.com:
The deals give the NFL the option to move seven late-season games from Sunday to Monday night to feature more attractive matchups, according to an official within the league who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

they could move 7 (I was wrong with 8) games from Sunday to Monday... but the wording here is unclear as to whether this is a Sunday game or Sunday Night game. In all of the articles I can find the wording is the same... but I assume that since the deal is not with ESPN, the negotiations would be moving Sunday games...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:51 pm

yep JJ i would agree that it would keep the Sun night game in primetime..but I haven't heard otherwise to this point. But ABC and ESPN are owned by the same company so maybe they would lobby for that too.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:21 am

The only problem I see with that proposal is the moving of games from Sunday to Monday Night after the season is started. Fans often buy tickets long before game day and there could be some logistical problems if the game is moved a month ahead of time.
I think at the very least they should have 2 games each Monday. The A-team of announcers cover the best game and a B-team announcers provide local coverage of the least attractive match-up. This gives MNF a little flexability without upsetting ticket holders and also give the network a chance to groom the next generation of announcers.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting