Brandon Lloyd...where is the love? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Lloyd...where is the love?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Lloyd...where is the love?

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:59 pm

Lloyd has done nothing but perform all year yet he still doesn't get nearly enough credit for how he's done.

Week 1 was a dissapointment, and following it he fell to injury and faded off from all of the preseason hype.

Since his return from injury...
5 rec, 56 yds, TD
6 rec, 93 yds, TD
5 rec, 63 yds
4 rec, 75 yds, TD
5 rec, 62 yds, TD

He has dished out consistent numbers weekly, not one dissapointing week since his return.

Even if Lloyd is better suited as a 2nd WR he is becoming reliable very quickly, and I am very glad to have him in several leagues.

;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tinscrew » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:23 am

I've got some love for you Iron Chef. Brandon we don't need TO Lloyd replaced Donte stalled out Stallworth in my 3rd WR slot 4 weeks ago. I am first in my division thank you very much.
Stop by and check out my small general forum [url=http://www.ediblechatter.org]Ediblechatter.org[/url] aka EdChat
tinscrew
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Canacuna » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:57 am

The 'Cuna picked up Brandon Lloyd late in all of his drafts (along with David Givens), and then dropped him after doing poorly the first three weeks or so of the season. Luckily, I was able to pick him back up in most of my leagues, use him for a couple weeks, and then send him off as part of a package for Randy Moss in one of 'em (keeper league).

As long as both him and Tim Rattay are healthy, Brandon Lloyd is a top 20... maybe even top 15 WR, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mikeydavison » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:42 am

I drafted him in the 9th round of my 8 team league, which admittedly was a little (well, probably a lot) high. I felt like a real moron after the first 4 weeks of the season, but I feel somewhat vindicated by his recent performances. He's done a lot better than a lot of WRs taken before him.
mikeydavison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:33 pm

Canacuna wrote:The 'Cuna picked up Brandon Lloyd late in all of his drafts (along with David Givens), and then dropped him after doing poorly the first three weeks or so of the season. Luckily, I was able to pick him back up in most of my leagues, use him for a couple weeks, and then send him off as part of a package for Randy Moss in one of 'em (keeper league)

Same story here, minus the whole 'was able to pick him back up part.'

Kind of like with Onterrio Smith.

I hate me.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:34 pm

Congrats to all the people who hung onto Lloyd through the injuries and QB problems in SF. People forgot that Lloyd is just a 2nd year WR and they dumped him after a few poor showings without really giving him a chance. In the Preseason, this guy was hyped like crazy because of his play-making ability and raw athletic talent. Guess what, he is finally getting the chance to turn that talent into production. He gets targeted in the endzone several times every Sunday....

I was at the game last Sunday and his lone TD catch came off a horribly thrown pass. Rattay aired out a ball into double coverage and he underthrew Lloyd about 5 yards short. The DB that was covering deep was effectively out of the play, so Lloyd proceeds to catch the ball with the other defender standing right in front of him. Looked like one of those end of game hail marys into the endzone that no one ever comes down with, except he caught it.

If the ball is anywhere in the vicinity of this guy, he has a chance to come down with the ball, and that's why you're seeing a TD catch almost every week. Extraordinary raw talent, perfect player to slot in as a #2/#3 WR, especially in TD-only leagues.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby East Bay Ray » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:45 pm

I won this week, but I was going to start Brandon. I couldnt though. I was already starting Barlow and I didnt want to rely on 2 players from the same struggling team. So instead, I started Stallworth :-t
East Bay Ray
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:02 pm

I've always liked Lloyd... seems like an excellent prospect for the future. However, he was drafted fairly high by a guy who was knee deep in preseason hype... :,-(

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ragnar » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:09 pm

I too drafted him (10th round) due to the "sleeper" label he had on him. I did remember watching him burn my MN Gophers when he played at Illinois so I thought he would perform this year. Unfortunately, I didn't hold onto him long enough. After I dropped him (following week 4) I grabbed Plaxico who was a good pick up. However, watching Lloyd score for someone else is pretty frustrating for me (2-8) right now...
Ragnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:49 am

have you seen my sig? ive been spreading love for this guy for some time now.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk