BAD OFFICIATING ACROSS THE LEAGUE????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

BAD OFFICIATING ACROSS THE LEAGUE?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

BAD OFFICIATING ACROSS THE LEAGUE?????

Postby gavin256 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:43 am

I was wondering if there really is bad officiating across the league or its just me. I noticed the vikes/pack game was horribly officiated and i have read other threads on bad officiating across the league this week too. I was just curious what everyone else thinks on this. Do most of the refs suck or is it just me?? Are the backup refs in by chance?? If so, toss those suckers out. :-t
Git-R-Done!!!!!!!!!
gavin256
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cleokatrah » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:51 am

I almost started this thread myself. Does it not seem like the refs are making more and more bad play calls every year? On this game alone there were three bad calls that coud have been opportunity makers for Dallas. A fumble on the very first play that Dallas recovers and they DON'T call? A TD that wasn't a TD (but probably would have been on the next play)? Two holding calls that weren't called that gave Philly a big yardage play? WTF? I can understand one bad call in a game, but three???

And it isn't just this game its half of them. And what is with the refs standing around like tweedle dum and tweedle dee scratching their heads and wondering what call they need to make on what - AFTER they have already signaled the play over. Hire some guys that know what they're doing for crimney's sake.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:01 am

I also thought it was interesting how Jon Runyan can lay on top of Greg Ellis while McNabb's scrambling around and it's not holding. Meanwhile, Leonardo Carson's trying to turn and run to catch McNabb, but his jersey is being held to the point where he can't even turn around.

But no flag? And then McNabb throws it deep down the sideline to Westbrook.

I guess the refs were too busy looking at McNabb's awesome pecs and biceps and were too busy with their hands down their pants to see the blatant holding on not one, but two players on the same play.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:29 am

I agree with that holding no call. There were at least two holds that I saw alone on that one play where McNabb ran for 14 seconds before he threw it. Then there are some other shaky calls.

But what can you do. It's not like that one play cost Dallas the game either.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:04 pm

Anyone notice a trend here?

Gavin256 has a Vikings avatar and is whining about the calls against the Vikes. Bagobonez lives in Texas and is whining about the calls against the Cowboys.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. There are always calls that might be wrong. It's human error. Sometimes, it goes against you, sometimes for you. However, if you think it's a conspiracy against your team, that's silly
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:50 pm

I agree. sometimes its for you and sometimes its against you. I can see being upset about that fumble in the vikings/pack game, because it played a large part in the outcome. But the cow girls were getting owned no matter what the refs said.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:32 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Anyone notice a trend here?

Gavin256 has a Vikings avatar and is whining about the calls against the Vikes. Bagobonez lives in Texas and is whining about the calls against the Cowboys.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. There are always calls that might be wrong. It's human error. Sometimes, it goes against you, sometimes for you. However, if you think it's a conspiracy against your team, that's silly

well ive definately heard enough from bagononez to skip over his posts... i havent ever heard from Gavin before so maybe he has a valid point. I havent noticed anything, of course i see the bad call here or there but its impossible. Hell i ref kids soccer and even there it is tough to see everything in an instant, its so different without having the instant replay. I guess maybe youre a little bitter Gavin, but maybe youre onto something...
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:36 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I agree. sometimes its for you and sometimes its against you. I can see being upset about that fumble in the vikings/pack game, because it played a large part in the outcome. But the cow girls were getting owned no matter what the refs said.

There was an awful call on an obvious 4th and 1 conversion inside the red zone which would have likely led to another Packers TD so Vikings fans can't really complain.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:21 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I agree. sometimes its for you and sometimes its against you. I can see being upset about that fumble in the vikings/pack game, because it played a large part in the outcome. But the cow girls were getting owned no matter what the refs said.

The first punt from the Cowboys' in which they recovered a fumble.. At the very least a field goal. Then the two holdings on the 14 seconds play... That would have (more like possibly) stopped a TD... Small things change the mood of the game.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:22 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Anyone notice a trend here?

That's where your wrong. In all honesty, I can't really recall one decision by the refs that has gone in Dallas' favor. Do you realize that Parcells has like the smallest winning percentage when he throws the red flag? He might as well not even have one. It can be blatantly obvious that the call should be overturned, but the refs simply will not do it.

On the other hand, I can't recall a single decision that has gone AGAINST the Eagles. Can anyone else? Yet I can always find at least 2 to 3 calls that should have gone against the Eagles every time they play on national TV.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting