BAD OFFICIATING ACROSS THE LEAGUE????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

BAD OFFICIATING ACROSS THE LEAGUE?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:27 am

bagobonez wrote:That's where your wrong. In all honesty, I can't really recall one decision by the refs that has gone in Dallas' favor.

Cowboys/Skins game back in week 3 or 4 or something. That blatant pass interference call on the offence (Dallas) that they turned it around and called the skins for it. Theres one for starters.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:13 pm

I find it hard to believe the Cowboys haven't benefitted by one call all year long.

Maybe if they weren't playing like such crap, you wouldn't be arguing that point.

The defense can't stop anyone, the running game has not played well, and Vinny is showing his age. Witten is about the on;y bright spot. I will also argue the offensive line has been good too, with Adams and Allen.

If you think the refs are the reason Dallas is having a bad season....I think you are pretty mistaken.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:54 pm

Well, you are free to call me a homer on this one but anyone who saw Pace get pushed into the ref and get ejected knows it was a terrible call. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JrcWy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:13 pm

The thing that has been bugging me lately is the few referees who will not overturn calls that are challenged. I wish I had a list of the statistics for which head officials have overturned the fewest calls. There are a few squads that have not overruled on a challenge all year. For example, this weekend in the Seahawks vs Rams game, it was very obvious that an interception was not in the DB's possesion before landing in the endzone. However, despite the clear evidence, the ref still put the ball on the 1 yard line since it was the original call. I am not a Seahawks fan nor am I a Rams fan. My fantast leagues weren't impacted by this play either. I am just frustrated with refs that are too proud/stubborn to correctly utilize the replay system.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ljthockey » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:17 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:That's where your wrong. In all honesty, I can't really recall one decision by the refs that has gone in Dallas' favor.

Cowboys/Skins game back in week 3 or 4 or something. That blatant pass interference call on the offence (Dallas) that they turned it around and called the skins for it. Theres one for starters.

Man you layed him out Buuuuurn
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:00 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:

ONE for starters? Ok. I'll give you that ONE. What else? That's right, there is NOTHING else. The only games I've watched Philly play are the ones on MNF. The Vikes got screwed on at least 2 to 3 calls in that game. They gave Owens the TD even though his knee was clearly down before he crossed the goal-line. On McNabb's TD run, there was blatant holding, yet no call. In fact, just about every time McNabb avoids a sack and starts scrambling around, there is holding, yet there is never any call. Then against Dallas, there are two holding penalties on one play, yet no call. I didn't see the play where McNabb scrambled for 15 seconds, but others are saying there was holding on that play as well. And then the fumble recovery that Dallas got that the refs took away. Then the TD run where the play was challenged but was upheld.

And that's just TWO games that I've seen this year! No telling what has gone on in the games that aren't televised here.

And let's not forget about last year's playoff game against Green Bay. Brett Favre converts a 3rd down by running the ball himself, and clearly got the ball at least a yard past the yellow stripe, yet the refs DON'T EVEN BRING OUT THE CHAINS? Nope. Just call it 4th and inches there ol' referee. We all know Ray Sherman's too scared to go for it on 4th, so the Eagles will get the ball back and another chance. 4th and 26, they should have at least brought the chains out. But nope, just give it to em. We gotta see this miraculous comeback right?

This isn't just something that started this year either. I can provide the stats again if needed.

Like... only 8 teams were penalized less than Philly last year. Philly's opponents last year were collectively penalized more than any single team but the Raiders. The Eagles led the league in third down conversions by penalty, and they led it by a LANDSLIDE.

And then there's the whole Terrell Owens debacle where the NFL stretched and broke the rules so that Owens could become an Eagle. By the way, wasn't there supposed to be some new rule about pre-meditated celebrations? After TO, Joe Horn and Chad Johnson combined to do a bunch of wild celebrations, wasn't the off-season topic about how refs were going to crack down on this? Yet there Terrell Owens is, tearing people's banners down, mocking Ray Lewis, standing on Dallas' star again, doing sit ups, whatever that monkey feels like doing, they let him do.

The list goes on and on and on, yet I'm the crazy one.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting