It all makes sense now... Tuna's master plan... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

It all makes sense now... Tuna's master plan...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ljthockey » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:47 pm

Not sure if i believe it but funny read none the less ;-D
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RayVins » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:01 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I doubt the Boys will have 2 top 10 picks, maybe 2 top 15, but not 2 top 10. In my opinion there is no chance they will take a WR, the 3 positions which will likely be addressed are CB, DT, and RB. If they play as they are now, they have a shot at snagging Antrel Rolle with their 1st pick which would give them undoubtedly the best young CB tandem in the league. If they miss out on Rolle then they will probably go with Marlin Jackson and they will probably take Hawthorne or Cadillac Williams with their 2nd pick.

Buffalo and Dallas will both finish somewhere very close to 5-11 this year, and i think that will definately warrant 2 top 11 picks...

Secondly, why would Dallas draft either a DL or a RB? They have arguably the best D-line in the league, just giving Glover (DT) a long-term contract.

Obviously the one glaring hole in their defense is the CB role opposite Newman, however than can be addressed with second 1st round pick citing an abundance of CBs in this year's draft.

Now, to have the chance to draft a wideout of the calibur of Edwards does not come very often, especially to the Cowboys, who havent done it since 1988 with a man named Michael Irvin. Edwards gives the Dallas offense the spark they need and a QB/WR tandum similar to Manning/Harrison that can be invaluable to a team...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:22 pm

Agreed with RayVins...

Cowboys are grooming Julius... and their D-line is solid. I wouldn't say the best, but they are definitely top 5-7. Glover, Wiley, Ellis (and Blade is a nice plug-in). Their LB corps is pretty solid, too, with Singleton coming on nicely, along with Coakley and Nguyen still kicking much ass. Bradie James, who most of you have probably not heard of, is also having a respectable season for a backup (26 tackles, I believe), and should keep improving. The secondary is definitely the key issue. They have two young studs in Newman and Williams, but the glaring holes at CB (and SS when Woodson retires, god forbid) leave the Cowboys with no choice on what to grab in the draft. Thankfully, the draft is somewhat rich in CBs this year.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk