tell me this isn't frustrating - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

tell me this isn't frustrating

Moderator: Football Moderators

tell me this isn't frustrating

Postby Shaffe » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:40 am

ok, so there's this guy that's leading my division. he's a real big philly fan, so in the draft he drafted mcnabb, owens, staley, akers, and the philly defense. the problem is, the rest of his team blows hardcore (right now he doesn't really have a legit running back with staley out). but, he's been riding mcnabb/owens like crazy. early in the season he was doing awesome because the rest of his team managed enough points to win, but now that the rest of his team is failing he's not winning as much. yet, he's still in first place. it's frustrating because i know that his team blows except for these two guy. have you ever been down to a team that is totally being carried by one(or in this case two) guy? here's his point breakdown for the year.

mcnabb/owens - 274 points
rest of team - 415 points

it's so frustrating! :-P

edit: oh, and also this week he was down 106-18 going into the MNF game. well we all know how that turned out. luckily he came up short, but still managed to make up 78 points, 57 of them coming from these two! argh.
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ironhorse75 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:07 am

2 players like that are not hard to overcome with peopl like Culpepper, Manning, Moss, Priest, Barber, Brees & Gates, Baltimore Defense, etc etc.

If his other players are really that bad, a decently well rounded team should have no problem overcoming them.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Shaffe » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:15 am

yeah, now that the rest of his team has hit the toilet, he's lost his last 3 of his last 4. he started off 6-0 when the rest of his team was producing a bit, but now he's fallen off to 7-3. but he still managed to score the third most points in the league this week, and 57 of 96 came from those two. thank god he faced the high scorer for the week, 106. btw, in case you're wondering his roster, here it is:

qb - mcnabb*, eli, kurt warner
wr - owens*, coles*, az-hair hakim*, patten(wr/rb)*, hilliard
rb - henry*, staley*
te - shockey*, bubba franks
k - akers*, gramatica
d - philly*, ny jets

he drafted q-tip at the beginning of the year and no other backs besides that. i'm wondering how many virgins he sacraficed to the fantasy gods for his good start.
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:49 am

I can relate. I'm in four leagues this year (yes I need help) and one is a free league I've been a part of for six years now with some old high school buddies.

Being a Colts fan, I drafted Manning and Wayne. I later picked up Stokley and Dallas Clark on waivers. This week was a blast. I started Clark over McMichael (Miami bye week) and watched Manning throw 5 TD's...all to the three guys I started. It was a good week. I'm actually considering trading for Marv and just starting all Colts for fun. After all, it's a free league.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:06 am

Staley is no longer a member of the Eagles and has been hurt the past 2 weeks anyhow.

His eggs are all in one basket. He will continue to do well as long as the Eagles players do well. As you pointed out, he has fallen to 7-3 as of late. I have a guy in my league with McNabb, Owens and Akers, too, and he has a 5-5 record, so just having those guys guarantees nothing. Imagine having Manning/Edge and any two of Harrison/Wayne or Stokely!

The team likely to do the best will be the more balanced team with good players from different teams. Then, a team's FF success won't be due to how well an NFL team does. So, don't let this guy's team bother ya.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shaffe » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:17 am

mad benjamin wrote:Staley is no longer a member of the Eagles and has been hurt the past 2 weeks anyhow.

in the name of not making myself look a fool, i did know that staley was playing in pittsburgh. however, he was a former eagle and an eagle for a long time at that. and looking back on the draft, he didn't even draft staley he made a move for him. anywho...here's to philly choking over the next 4 weeks! B-)
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: tell me this isn't frustrating

Postby Arlo » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:01 am

Shaffe wrote:have you ever been down to a team that is totally being carried by one(or in this case two) guy?

This brings back memories of the Kurt Warner Season... :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby husker_fanatic » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:21 am

yeah well, this is alittle off subject. BUT... the 1st place team was down 101-43. last nite they came back and won with 2 PLAYERS. this pisses me off bigtime, the players?
TO and Witten
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:24 pm

I'm in a 16-team auction league. One owner couldn't make the (live, in-person) draft, so he had his mom show up with the following instructions: Draft Holmes, Culpepper, and Moss and pay any amount of money. Injuries have killed him, but before Moss went down, it was pretty sad... He basically just owned everyone.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jwbseven » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:18 pm

the 2 guys killing us in our league are the guy that has mcnabb and owens and the guy that has culpepp and moss
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk