Who is Droughns' backup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is Droughns' backup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is Droughns' backup?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:13 am

I have Reuben Droughns and want to get insurance for him. Garrison Hearst is listed as his backup, but is Tatum Bell more likely to take over if Droughns were to ever get hurt? I just want some opinions. Thanks.

And, no this is not a "Tatum Bell" thread like so many we've seen this year, I'm just a concerned Droughns owner.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:44 am

Their official site has Hearst listed as the #2, so I'd go with that. I'm guessing he would go in if Droughns were hurt. We don't know what the Broncos will do near the end of the year, though. Here would be my guesses...

If Denver sews up a playoff spot early, they will probably phase in Tatum Bell for a few games just to get him some experience. Whether he would be the starter in those games, who knows.

If Denver is still fighting for a spot or some sort of home game, I doubt they would take out Droughns unless he was hurt. At that point, Hearst would probably be the most logical choice.

I guess I'm saying this: keep an eye out for how the Broncos playoff push is going. If they are locked in, you might want to pick up Bell for the fantasy playoffs. But for right now, Hearst is most likely the guy you should have.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Siggyfawn » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:43 am

sews up a playoff spot early? *lol*

I'll be happy if they MAKE the playoffs, let alone sew it up early. If you look at the broncos the last 5-6 years, nothing comes easy.

And, Bell has be hurt ALL year. He's constantly hurt. Denver isn't afraid to throw it 50 times, so if Droughns did get hurt, I'd expect Hearst and Bell to get spot duty at best. Only reason you hold either is if you have Droughns, otherwise its a waste of a roster spot. Even Dro getting it 30-35 times a game, he has 1 TD. So beyond him there's not much of a fantasy play.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:24 am

I appreciate the insight, fellas. Heck, for all we know, the next one in line may be someone we never even thought of...kinda like when Droughns took over for Q-tip. Hopefully, I'll never need to know who Reuben's backup is.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk