Sometimes I just love this game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Sometimes I just love this game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sometimes I just love this game

Postby KnightWhoSaysNi » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:06 am

So week 10 I had Priest Holmes injured and Reuben Droughs on a bye - at the beginning of the day, I'm not feeling all that great about my chances. After the 1 o'clock games, it was looking bleak with Torry Holt putting up 1 (then getting injured), Fitzgerald putting up nada, and A. Johnson giving me a paltry 2. At the end of the 4 o'clock games, I had a grand total of 9 thanks to a late touchdown run by Onterrio Smith - the score at that time was 49 - 9 and it was all but over for me. My team is the top points-scorer in the league, so having the meat of my lineup put up single digits total was pretty embarrasing (and boy did I hear it from my fellow owners). Then something interesting happened: Vinatieri had a 17 point performance Sunday night, putting me a little closer to contention (26-49). So I went into Monday night down by 23 (in a TD-scoring league) with the following players left:

Donovan McNabb
Jason Whitten
PHI DST.

I won by 30 and am now 9-1

Sometimes I just love Fantasy Football

Ni!

KwsN
KnightWhoSaysNi Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:30 am

Congrats. With those players left, I probably wouldn't have been too worried.

Nice win.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:56 pm

yes, I also had a funny matchup...I won 44-24 with only one touchdown-a defensive one :-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:54 pm

Haha, touching post, it brings a tear to my eye. :,-(

By the way, I love the exclamotory "Ni!" to end the post, great username too. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:37 pm

Yea last night was awesome for me as well. I was down 43 with McNabb, Michael Lewis, and Witten left to play. Crushed my opponent by 29.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:46 pm

i was up 50 with the other guy starting owens and witten. I had a feeling itd be close, but I didnt think Id lose by 15
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting