Dont You HATE when bad teams trade good players to good team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dont You HATE when bad teams trade good players to good team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dont You HATE when bad teams trade good players to good team

Postby Jeramie_Contreras » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:50 am

}:-) :-[ I am really ticked at the fact that just like last year we accidently let a stupid memeber into our fantasy football league and he has affected things all throughout this season. He has time after time done very stupid trades that have helped out other people. As of late the biggest one. Here we are 3 days untill the trade deadline and this kid trades away Curtis Martin for rags. 2 backups. He trade this player to the first person team and this guy already has great recivers and peyton manning and it seems like this will be the finishing touches on a super bowl run. Me being in second place, im have become very angry at this guy. ( he traded Plax for lee sugs just a few weeks ago to the same kid.) with the commisoner being the veto power in the league and him being the commisoner there nothing i can do. I AM PISSED> [/b]So anyone else who would like to share their experience with the dreaded crap trade that screwed them over.
Jeramie_Contreras
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:52 am

Why don't you make trades to improve your team?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jeramie_Contreras » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:02 am

Ive been trying to but nobody seems to be giving up anything and this kid has only two good people on his team instaed of one. Almost everyone else is still in the playoff run with alot of people tied for 5th and 4 spots get in. There not enough people out there left that will be willing to make a trade that doesnt absolutly benifit them because no one wants to get screwed. With Steve Smith getting injured me from the get go its been a uphill battle all year and i guess this prolly will just be the finishing touches on a hard fought season. I better just pray C mart gets hurt or Peyton dies or somehting.
Jeramie_Contreras
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby columbo » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:16 am

Did you complain to the commish? What did he say?
Be open to the league about your concerns. If no one says anything, then unfair trades will happen.
"Listen Columbo, just for a minute how about we stop pretending that I'm brilliant and you're simple!"
columbo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:34 am

columbo wrote:Did you complain to the commish? What did he say?

The commissioner is the guy making the questionable trades.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:35 am

Heh, funny this question got asked...I have a similar situation in my league. Someone is trying to trade Bettis for LT because he has every other position player from Pittsburgh on his team and wants to make it a clean sweep.

In two years, there has been a combined total of two trades. No one trades in my league, so I don't even bother to ask for them. Then I find out some schmuck wants to do something crazy and doesn't ask me to trade with him (because I'm always winning).

I do complain to my commissioner when I see funny trades - mainly because I don't want the person to get the player, but secondly because the trade is most often unbalanced. I just hope I don't look like the "bad guy" when a trade doesn't go through (as they have been vetoed before) because they know it's me who was protesting the move.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Dont You HATE when bad teams trade good players to good team

Postby Bowie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:50 am

Jeramie_Contreras wrote:He has time after time done very stupid trades that have helped out other people.

If he has been making bad trades all year and you haven't gotten in in the action, than you have no one to blame but yourself.
Who did he trade Martin for? I ask because the other trade you mentioned (Burress for Suggs) is defensable.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk