You are getting sleeeepy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

You are getting sleeeepy...

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:24 pm

Aug 1, 10:42 PM EDT

Broncos' Anderson Hurt During Practice

By JOHN MARSHALL
AP Sports Writer

DENVER (AP) -- The Denver Broncos were in shoulder pads and shorts Friday morning, so there wasn't supposed to be much hitting.

Tell that to fullback Mike Anderson.

During two-minute drills late in the morning practice, Anderson was hit so hard by safety Nick Ferguson that his helmet flew off.

Anderson stayed on the field for about a minute before trainers helped him to the sideline. He was still a little woozy after practice and unsure of who made the hit.

"They told me. I think they said ... I can't even remember that," Anderson said.

Anderson staggered and smiled as he reached the sideline, leading to some ribbing from his teammates.

Defensive end Trevor Pryce told someone to get some smelling salts and running back Clinton Portis playfully moved his finger back and forth to see if Anderson could follow it. Another player said "You're getting sleepy, you're getting sleepy."

"They are telling me things I don't remember, the way I was laying on the ground, the way I got up, the way I was staggering," Anderson said. "I don't remember any of that. I've got to wait and see the film to see for myself."

It wasn't until reviewing the film that Ferguson realized the hit was helmet-to-helmet.

"I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was just trying to close him down and prevent him from getting into the end zone," Ferguson said.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:24 pm

LOL I read this story and almost posted it for the laugh factor myself. Tough love in football. :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:00 pm

Patrick Saunders, Denver Post

Saturday's big hit belonged to fullback Mike Anderson, who tasted a little sweet redemption. Friday, Anderson was floored and his helmet went flying when safety Nick Ferguson lowered his shoulder, knocking Anderson silly. Saturday, Anderson lowered his shoulder and bulldozed linebacker Ian Gold.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Adlaw » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:46 pm

There's a little fight in the herd this year!!
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Denver Broncos