To make you all feel a little better... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

To make you all feel a little better...

Moderator: Football Moderators

To make you all feel a little better...

Postby Spokes » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:52 pm

I lost my matchup this week, but it's how I lost it that I have to tell you about. In my league, we get 1 for 25 passing yards, point for 10 running/recieving yards and 6 points for each TD. So basically, you understand that means that 1 rushing or recieving yards is .1 and that one passing yard is .04. I lost this week by....
.02! 1/5th of a yard. 7 and 1/3rd inches. Thanks in large part to Donovan McNabb and the Pitt D, I lost by .02. And, in that type of situation there are alot of what if (What if I had played Garrard instead of Bledsoe, what if Drew Bennett didn't have a carrer day against me, what if McNabb didn't turn into Brett Favre, etc, etc), but I thought I'd just share my little sad story to tell you all that if you needed any more proof that every yard counts, there you go.
Amazing.
Best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones in you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw, you should watch yo' mouth...'cause I break yo' face!"
Spokes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UT4life » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:06 pm

need a tissue?
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?
UT4life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby husker_fanatic » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:12 pm

UT4life wrote:need a tissue?

dont be mean, id be pissed if i was him
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spokes » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:14 pm

I don't cry over this stuff anymore, because it always seems to happen to me. Last week, I lost by less than 3 points and 5 of my losses this year have been within 8 points. I am getting used to crushing losses, .02 is something I have never seen.
Best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones in you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw, you should watch yo' mouth...'cause I break yo' face!"
Spokes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk