TALK ABOUT ABUSE OF POWER! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TALK ABOUT ABUSE OF POWER!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: sO...

Postby discopants » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:47 pm

matmat wrote:
discopants wrote:I agree. But you can't just change the rules whenever you feel like it... in the middle of the season without putting it to a vote. I don't care how small minded the dopes are- everyone enetered the league knowing the rules and the consequences of the rules. Personally ( I didn't veto), it doesn't matter if the trade was valid or not because the rules stated you can veto and it was. END of story. Maybe the comissioner should learn how to take his lumps because he's the one who made the rules anyway, and not abuse his power- changing the rules when they benefit him.

btw- he gets A Green

you sure there wasn't a discussion at the start of the year as to what sort of trades were to be vetoed?

yes there was. He wanted the rule that stated "A simple Majority can overturn a trade." That was the agreement, and the comissioner should stick by it. I don't see any room to argue FOR the comissioner changing the rule. So... If I was playing blackjack and the dealer decdied 1/2 through the hand to change the rules to "22"
discopants
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShowStopper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:23 pm

I agree. Maybe the trade shouldn't have been vetoed, but that's beside the point. It is an abuse of power to change the rules in the middle of the season...
ShowStopper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TonyCee » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:28 pm

You can't change the rules unless and this person should have at least talked with the league
TonyCee
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Challie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:41 pm

I agree that the rules shouldn't be changed mid-stream - that should always be Rule #1: the rules don't change.

The trade shouldn't have been vetoed.

But the rule change was a worse violation. Apparently the league is veto-happy, so any team really improving is going to get vetoed. Yet the commissioner gets to operate with an advantage since he isn't subject to the same stupid judgements as all of the other teams in the league.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ironmanwho » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:47 pm

Yeah, you can't change the rules without notice because you're a worthless commish. I can't believe some "small-minded dopes" here are siding with him.
ironmanwho
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:47 pm

i agree with most here..i dont really see why this trade was vetoed...but the rules should never be changed during the season, unless EVERYONE in the league agrees on it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby YunYaamka » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:48 pm

If I were you, I'd demand that the Commish undo the trade.

The best way to run trading is always by Commish overview. That's the only way for any trades to occur. If a person has to send a protest e-mail in order to get a trade cancelled, they'll let go rather than bother over an even or slightly slanted trade. But if all they have to do is click a link and then click 'No' nobody will ever complete a trade.
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby husker_fanatic » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:24 pm

V. Testaverde (Dal - QB) A. Green (GB - RB) J. Witten (Dal - TE)

thats the guys the commish is getting im betting.
it is a big step up at everything but qb
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Commish » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:03 pm

LOL funny given it is so obvious.

Sucks to be you in that league. I'd tell the moron to jump off a cliff, but to be sure not to hurt the ground upon impact.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BigMusky » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:34 pm

maybe the arguement could be made that the league abused their power, so turn about fair play?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk