Browns Waive James Jackson. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Browns Waive James Jackson.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Browns Waive James Jackson.

Postby matmat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:35 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

correct me if I am wrong, but didn't miami offer them a mid-round pick for jackson earlier in the year and they rejected?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:51 pm

ya Kinda weird :-?
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:01 pm

Here's some info on the rookie they are replacing Jackson with - Adimchinobe Echemandu. Say that fast three times!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/adimchinobe_echemandu

I also found stats for his senior year at Cal:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/pr ... erId=30629

Decent numbers I guess....you never know.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Re: Browns Waive James Jackson.

Postby Screwed » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:00 pm

matmat wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

correct me if I am wrong, but didn't miami offer them a mid-round pick for jackson earlier in the year and they rejected?

Suggs was hurt when they offered the draft pick and the Browns weren't in a position to trade him at that time. I'm not sure why they didn't try to get something for him today though...

I look for him to go to Carolina... They're in desperate need.
Screwed
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Screwed » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:02 pm

1crzydmnd wrote:Here's some info on the rookie they are replacing Jackson with - Adimchinobe Echemandu. Say that fast three times!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/adimchinobe_echemandu

I also found stats for his senior year at Cal:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/pr ... erId=30629

Decent numbers I guess....you never know.

He's not necessarily "replacing" Jackson since Jackson wasn't even activated for half the games this year anyway.
Screwed
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:29 pm

Butch Davis is a complete moron. He could have gotten a draft pick off GB for Couch but he played hardball wanting a higher pick. Every goober armchair QB (myself included) knew they would cut Couch... they locked him out of the facility for crying out loud. Result, GB gets Couch, Cleveland gets nothing.

Miami offers a pick for JJ, Davis plays hardball wanting a better pick. Result, Jackson is available to Miami or anyone for peanuts, Cleveland gets nothing.

Jackson may add quality depth somewhere but I doubt he will be fantasy worthy.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Commish » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:02 pm

Remember when Double J proclaimed himself The Edge Part 2......

Jackson is garbage -- not quite as much as Michael Bennett -- but very minimal value nonetheless.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Screwed » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:30 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:Butch Davis is a complete moron. He could have gotten a draft pick off GB for Couch but he played hardball wanting a higher pick. Every goober armchair QB (myself included) knew they would cut Couch... they locked him out of the facility for crying out loud. Result, GB gets Couch, Cleveland gets nothing.

Miami offers a pick for JJ, Davis plays hardball wanting a better pick. Result, Jackson is available to Miami or anyone for peanuts, Cleveland gets nothing.

You're partially right... .Butch Davis IS a moron. He's on a complete power trip.

But like I said in my previous post... When the Browns had the opportunity to trade Jackson for a draft pick, Suggs got hurt and they ended up keeping him until Suggs was healthy. Suggs got a stinger that was supposed to keep him out for a week, but he ended up being out for 3.

Now, why the Browns didn't attempt to trade him today??? I have not freakin' idea. Insanity from all the losses maybe.
Screwed
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:35 pm

Screwed wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:Butch Davis is a complete moron. He could have gotten a draft pick off GB for Couch but he played hardball wanting a higher pick. Every goober armchair QB (myself included) knew they would cut Couch... they locked him out of the facility for crying out loud. Result, GB gets Couch, Cleveland gets nothing.

You're partially right... .Butch Davis IS a moron. He's on a complete power trip.

But like I said in my previous post... When the Browns had the opportunity to trade Jackson for a draft pick, Suggs got hurt and they ended up keeping him until Suggs was healthy. Suggs got a stinger that was supposed to keep him out for a week, but he ended up being out for 3.

Now, why the Browns didn't attempt to trade him today??? I have not freakin' idea. Insanity from all the losses maybe.

Could have something to do with the trade deadline being a month ago. ;-D
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:46 pm

bungle613 wrote:Could have something to do with the trade deadline being a month ago. ;-D

That's what I was thinking.

Davis or whoever is in charge of talent has been quite inept.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk