Some up-and-coming RB sleeper possibilities - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Some up-and-coming RB sleeper possibilities

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some up-and-coming RB sleeper possibilities

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Travis Minor- apparently, Miami's interim coach sees more in Minor than in Morris, which will likely mean an increase in carries for the former and less for the latter. It remains to be seen whether this will continue to be a RBBC situation.

Jamal Robertson- Carolina's new RB, signed due to lack of other choices. Apparently, he has more upside than the current Carolina backs and will likely get a fair shot to start some games, or to at least show what he has.

Julius Jones- With Big D's season about down the tubes, the Tuna will probably look to the future and put in Henson at some point and Jones, now that he is getting healthy.

Super sleepers:

James Jackson- someone out there can use a veteran RB. Miami was actually going to trade for this guy earlier in the year and now could be had for a song. Think they might still be interested?

Tatum Bell- another rookie back getting healthy. Even though Droughnsie has been playing great, if Shanahan believes any RB can succeed in his system, maybe Bell will get a shot.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby a4ce » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:56 pm

Dropping Kris Brown and taking a flier on Jamal Robertson.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm

a4ce wrote:Dropping Kris Brown and taking a flier on Jamal Robertson.

Looks like you and I are in the same boat RB wise.

I snagged Robinson and JJones as soon as I got news about them.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ljthockey » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:04 pm

Agreed with most execpt Tatum Bell the Broncos are tied for AFC west lead so they will still be playing full throttle No way they bench the on fire Droughns for rookie playing time
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:39 pm

Another thought. Huggie-bear's son should be back soon. Will they stick w/Wheatley or see what they have in Fargas?
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Challie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:49 pm

When I saw the title, these were the guys I was thinking about. Only one I like that's not mentioned is Antowain Smith for this week.

I like Robertson & Jones best for some long-term. Though who knows if Carolina or Dallas will ever have a lead again.

OAK: I'm not big on Fargas, if only cause Wheatley is now Norv Turner's best friend after their soul-searching team meeting. But then again, I don't want any Oakland RB.

MIA: I don't really see Minor's upside either. Though you could make a case that with a new coach, Mia might be more likely to give all carries to one back.

DEN: I agree with ljthockey about Droughns not going anywhere. Bell, at this point, has the same value as Maurice Morris or Lamont Jordan ... just a guy who makes you root for an injury.

JACKSON: You really need to be in a deep bench league to take a flyer on him right now. I think you're better off hoarding 7 defenses to play matchups than taking Jackson at the moment.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk