David Terrell arrested (nothing too major) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

David Terrell arrested (nothing too major)

Moderator: Football Moderators

David Terrell arrested (nothing too major)

Postby Warpigs » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:05 am

D. Terrell (Chi - WR)
Nov 17 News: Bears' wide receiver David Terrell was arrested Tuesday night for traffic violations. ESPN Radio 1000 reported that Terrell was cited for reckless driving and operating a vehicle without insurance. He also had a suspended license. Terrell's court date is set for December 13.
Views: That's more traffic violations in one night than touchdowns (still zero) this season for Terrell. Fantasy owners have a few charges of their own they'd like to add to the list: reckless impersonation of a receiver and second degree handslaughter for starters. Those owners who selected him back in August are guilty of DUI: Drafting Underachieving Imbecile. (Fanball.com)
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:12 am

At least he didn't kill anyone. Leonard Little could learn a thing or two.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:24 am

Drafting Underachieving Imbecile - brilliant!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Rusman » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:43 pm

LOL that view is funny!
I guess I got a DUI too, but it didn't hurt me much as he was APB (Always on the Pine Bench) until I dropped him.
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby The Lung » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:11 am

A recent update from Fanball on one of the NFL's biggest disappointments:

Bears: Arrest warrant issued for Terrell
The News
An arrest warrant has been issued for Bears' wide receiver David Terrell, who failed to appear in traffic court to face reckless driving and other chargers, according to the Chicago Tribune. Cook County judge Rhonda Davis Sweeney gave Terrell an extra 80 minutes to appear for his hearing on Friday. When he failed to show, she issued a warrant and set his bail at $2,500. Terrell was late for a previous court hearing.
Our View
Terrell is only facing minor charges, but his latest bit of bad publicity is sure to ruffle the feathers of Bears' management, who may opt to trade or even release the former No. 1 pick before next season.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby CC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:13 am

This belongs in another forum, David Terrell has no relevance in fantasy football. :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:43 am

I am certainly guilty of piling on David Terrell, but nothing pisses me off more than a person with tremendous talent who lets it go to waste. In Terrell's case, he compounds the problem by bragging like he is the second coming of Jerry Rice.

This driving incident is minor but reflects Terrell's usual attitude towards life in general.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:47 am

Bears: Terrell locked down and later released
The News
Bears' wide receiver David Terrell finally appeared in court several hours after his scheduled traffic hearing, according to the Daily Herald. However, the Cook County judge ordered Terrell to spend time in the court lockup while his bond money was processed. Terrell was released a short time later and referred to the situation as "a miscommunication."
Our View
It's a good thing for Terrell that failure to show up on Sundays is not a crime, because he'd probably be serving a life sentence. The former No. 1 pick has been a flop since the Bears selected him in 2001. He has one year remaining on his contract, but there is plenty of speculation that he will be released before then.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:16 pm

For impersonating an NFL football player, i say give him the chair!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk