Thomas Jones update - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones update

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:23 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Dr Rizzo wrote:The Bears will have to run the ball 40-45 times in this game. Expect Thomas Jones to get 25 carries and A-Train to get 18-20. It sound high but it's the only way to keep the ball out of Mannings hands and stay in the game.

GO BEARS!

For some reason, I doubt the Bear's will get 45 total offensive plays off, let alone 40-45 runs. Maybe that's just me though.

The Colts pass defense stinks. Luckily for the Colts, the Bears passing offense stinks. The Bears need to hold the Colts to 10 or less possessions to win. I know that sounds like a low amount of possessions, but in the Jacksonville games they had 9 and 10 possessions. In the Pats game they got 9 possessions. That's the key to beating the Colts.

The Bears need to manage the clock very closely. Every play needs to drain as much off the playclock as possible. No hurry-up no huddle offense. It doesn't matter if they run or pass, as long as they avoid the 3 and outs and milk the playclock they are playing correct football vs the Colts.

Since the Colts pass D sucks so bad, if they can get Krenzel to nickel and dime the Colts with high percentage passes, they should have a good chance to win. The Colts special teams stink too, so that's an advantage for the Bears in a close, low possession game.

As far as defense goes, the Bears have a solid secondary and I'd take a page from the Pats playbook and stay in nickel coverage most of the game. Let them run all over you if need be. Edge ran 30x for 140 against the Pats in a losing effort. The longer it takes the Colts to score on a drive the less possessions they have in the game.

There's the Bears winning game strategy all neatly laid out on a fantasy football forum. Lovie if you're reading this, take it to heart.
:-b
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bryan1327 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:02 am

Chicago Bears

11/21/04 10:53am CST - PFSi sources in Chicago report that Thomas Jones will start at running back today when the Bears host the Colts

http://www.profantasysports.com/SundayNoHuddle.php

Hope this helps out some...
"I am a shining example of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk