Bob Stoops... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Bob Stoops...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bob Stoops...

Postby justinpsu1979 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:11 pm

Is it me or did Stoops sound pretty desparate in his ESPN interview? Sounds like he is really scared that Auburn is going to take over. I think it was idiotic for him to go out and bash ESPN. First of all it is CBS, not ESPN (they are rival stations actually) that has the contract with the SEC. He is pointing the finger at the wrong people. Secondly, the SEC is even if not better than the Big 12. Stoop's arguments that the Big 12 is better were very weak. He said that the SEC's out of conference schedule was weak, with them only beating Oregon State. After looking at the Big 12 out of conference schedule I was not impressed at all. First of all, Missouri, who was supposed to be a good team this year lost to Troy State! Also Texas A&M lost to Utah (which is no longer a suprise now). One other thing I like to point out is look how bad the Big 12 championship game is going to be, Oklahoma against a team that is barely over .500 (Iowa State, Colorado, or Nebraska). Now look at the SEC championship game, Auburn vs Tennesse or Georgia. Now you tell me which is a more challenging game. Stoops comments come out of desparation, because he knows if Auburn wins out they are in the BCS championship. He needs to just let it play out, there is a better chance of Auburn losing in the SEC championship than his team losing a game. Also, so what if people on ESPN are saying that Auburn is going to jump Oklahoma? It is their opinion, that is what their job is to do, state an opinion. It is actually a fact if you look at how the BCS has gone over the years. Stoops got his way in the BCS last year after losing the Kansas State and his team failed with that chance.
justinpsu1979
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to College Football