HEXALEI? (SIX TEAMS) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

HEXALEI? (SIX TEAMS)

Moderator: Football Moderators

HEXALEI? (SIX TEAMS)

Postby ariel_mirahy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:57 pm

I BET ON THE SPORTS BOOK, PICKING 6 TEAMS IF ONE LOSE I LOSE EVERYTHING, HERE ARE THE TEAMS:

*ST LOUIS RAMS at buffalo - 1 1/2

*PITTSBURGH STEELERS at cinncinati - 4 1/2

*INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at chicago - 7 1/2

*DENVER BRONCOS at new orleans - 4

*SAN DIEGO CHARGERS at oakland - 4

*NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at kansas city - 3 1/2

AS YOU CAN SEE I BET TO 6 AWAY TEAMS, I BET $10 TO WIN $400, WHAT DO YOU THINK?, WAS IT A GOOD BETING OR NOT, PLEASE HELP ME TO KNOW, NEED YOUR OPINOINS, THANKS!!!
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:02 pm

The only two that I would be hesitant on is I called Buffalo over STL for my upset of the week not very likely but its bold. And Pats over the Chiefs comeon the chiefs can do it :,-( thats more of a biast pick then acutality.

I dont see how you didnt pick Baltimore over Dallas did you watch MNF? Same with Philly over Washington I feel more confident with those 2 than NE vs. KC and Buf vs. STL
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

BECAUSE...

Postby ariel_mirahy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:12 pm

THEY GAVE LIKE 11 POINTS EACH ONE, AND NEW ENGLAND AFTER THEY 21 WIN STREAK THEN 1 FALL AND THEN 1 WIN AGAIN I DONT THINK THAT THE 3 - 6 CHIEFS WILL WIN THE PATS TO EDITING THEIR 21 WIN STREAK TO 1 WIN STREAK AND 3 PONTS IS ALMOST NOTHING, IF SOMEONE WINS HAVE TO BE OVER3 OR A SAFETY (2) OR AN EXTRA POINT FAILED (1) OR SOME STRANGE PLAY, SO I WOULD DEFINETELY SAY NEW ENGLAND AND RAMS GIVING 1 1/2 I DONT THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE, PLEASE BULGER WITH HOLT / BRUCE CAN WIN TO THE BUF DEFENSE AND BLEDSOE WITH MOULDS OR MCGAHEE CANT DEFEAT ST LOUIS DEFENSE.
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ljthockey » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:15 pm

Would be easier to read if you turn caps lock off. I wasnt saying that the picks I called were most probale just what I was predicting. And come on the Chiefs are better than there 3-6 record arent they?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:21 pm

As Kolbsaves would do....
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

thanks mustangs

Postby ariel_mirahy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:28 pm

thanks mustangs i didnt know where were that funny button it hides itself sometimes lol, and yes the chiefs are better than the 3 - 6 record but the patriots arent worse than the 8 - 1 record.
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tyr » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:15 am

ariel, parlays and teasers are "gimmick" bets. As it has been said over and over on this area of the cafe, gimmick bets are very very bad. The chances of winning a 6 team parlay are about as high as winning big on a scratch off. It's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

If you were to make six seperate bets on those games, odds are pretty much 50/50 that you'll come out ahead of the game. On a parlay, the odds are very much against you, hence the 40:1+ payout on six team bets. Teasers are a little better, but not by much.

I do think your 6 teams are as good of a bet as you're going to get, but I also think that your $10 could net you $19 and change (after juice) on one of those games. Earning $9 is a better deal than losing $10.

That being said, I do throw in a cheapo half unit 4 team parlay every week I play. It's my personal version of playing the lottery. I've gotten 3 teams several weeks, but haven't hit all 4 so far this year. I'm not bashing on parlays, exactly.. you just need to bet on them knowing that it's the odds are severely against you, even if you choose pretty surefire locks.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LBJackal » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:29 am

Yeah betting on multiple teams to win (parlays I guess it's called) is dangerous. People see the big dollar signs and only a small purchase price and go crazy. But even if you pick 6 games that the winner has a 75% chance of winning, the odds you'll win all 6 are around 17.8% - not good.

But I usually play a 3 game "parlay" with 2 sure things and a long shot. Betting on sports is legal in all parts of Canada, so we can buy tickets at any convenience store. I heard it's not like that in the US - shame, really :-D

BTW if I made that same bet here, the $10 would only win me $275 :-? Those bastards are cheatin me outta money! But I'm kinda confused about the way your bets are made... is there a spread, or just a flat out win? For us it's just a win by at least 4 points no matter who the teams are.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

THANKS

Postby ariel_mirahy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:15 pm

WELL I THINK THAT I WONT WIN, BUT PERHAPS THAT IM GONNA BET A 3 TEAMS PARLAY NEXT WEEK, I THOUGHT I HAD A CHANCE TO WIN BECAUSE MY BROTHER WON A 10 TEAMS PARLAY, BUT NOW I DONT REALLY THINK SO, BUT POSIBILITIES ARE ALWAYS EXISTING.
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:15 pm

ariel_mirahy wrote:WELL I THINK THAT I WONT WIN, BUT PERHAPS THAT IM GONNA BET A 3 TEAMS PARLAY NEXT WEEK, I THOUGHT I HAD A CHANCE TO WIN BECAUSE MY BROTHER WON A 10 TEAMS PARLAY, BUT NOW I DONT REALLY THINK SO, BUT POSIBILITIES ARE ALWAYS EXISTING.

Mustangs989 wrote:As Kolbsaves would do....

:*)

Not bad. The StL game is a risky pick.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk