Oops... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Oops...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dihall » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:39 am

They are pretty good kids and are getting a little older, so it is a little easier right now...8 and almost 4. I have been actually playing ref as of late! Starting the bickering thing and daddy has been traveling, so less man-to-man lately.
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:55 am

Congrats from the Swiper!!!!!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:42 am

Mookie4ever wrote:grats awww.

We had our second surprise 9 months ago (the first one is not 3 yet) and for some reason it is more than double the work.
Two kids is three times the work of one kid and I get the feeling that three kids would be six times the work. But I wouldn't trade it for anything ;-D

I know some guy at work who has twins and quads...so that's six kids and a bunch at one time. Would that be like a factorial equation because of having two at a time? If so, then he does like (4! x 2!)...48 times the work! Or, would it just be 6!...720 times the work! !+)

Yes, I'm the new Math Nerd Barbie that Mattel is coming out with for Christmas...:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:50 am

What a fertile bunch we have here ...
Congrats Aww - ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:51 am

congrats aww, maybe you can turn this one in a Hawks fans (yuk!) before the ol lady beats ya too it and makes (guess here him) a Squealers fan! (yuk again, but Hawks are not as as bad!)

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:09 am

lol thanks guys..

my wife's boss has EIGHT children...

and inexplicably, all of his hair.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:10 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:grats awww.

We had our second surprise 9 months ago (the first one is not 3 yet) and for some reason it is more than double the work.
Two kids is three times the work of one kid and I get the feeling that three kids would be six times the work. But I wouldn't trade it for anything ;-D

I know some guy at work who has twins and quads...so that's six kids and a bunch at one time. Would that be like a factorial equation because of having two at a time? If so, then he does like (4! x 2!)...48 times the work! Or, would it just be 6!...720 times the work! !+)

Yes, I'm the new Math Nerd Barbie that Mattel is coming out with for Christmas...:-)

I think that you reach a saturation point at 8. So, while to give the kids all of the attention that they need would be 720 times the work, they don't get it and they get neglected (there's only so much that you can do). But that is offset by inter-sibling care. When you have that many they are bound to keep each other amused. I dropped math in grade 11 so I can't come up with the mathematical formula, but I'm sure that it can be written up.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:29 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I think that you reach a saturation point at 8. So, while to give the kids all of the attention that they need would be 720 times the work, they don't get it and they get neglected (there's only so much that you can do). But that is offset by inter-sibling care. When you have that many they are bound to keep each other amused. I dropped math in grade 11 so I can't come up with the mathematical formula, but I'm sure that it can be written up.

I think I found it:

where:
t = number of children
x = the Inter-sibling Care Constant (6.626 x 10^-34)
h = speed of light in a day-care center (2.98 x 10^8 - a little smaller than the speed in a vacuum since things seem to take longer)
and:
Anyone remember how to solve integrals? :-S
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:35 am

intersibling care constant. that is awesome.

We are thinking about #2. I can't even imagine more than that. That is the part I am scared about is, if trying for #2 we end up with #3 as well.

Twins have a history so while it would be great, I ain't gonna lie, it's scary to think about!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:37 am

lol good luck with the new addition aww
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk