WEEK 11 LOCKS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WEEK 11 LOCKS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Turnip » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:44 am

I hate to be contributing another egg to this big basket, but I'll go with San Diego -3.5 vs Oakland.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:06 am

How the heck can SD only be favored by 3.5 when they annihilated the Raiders the last time they played them? I don't care whether it's in Oakland or not...those painted face guys are playing in the game. SD has too much for this team, so I have to lock down SD -3.5 vs. OAK as well.

The only thing that scares me is this game after bye week trend I wanted to take a look at. 15 teams out of 28 have lost after their bye, so basically 2 out of 4. Miami's looking good as one of the losers, but who will be the other one? It's going to be one of these two teams! I have a feeling it's not going to be SD, though. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tyr » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:16 am

I know this post doesn't belong here - but don't teams historically play better coming off of their bye, or was I just imagining that? This trend of teams losing after their bye week this year has caught me entirely by surprise.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Evolution » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:40 am

Tyr wrote:I know this post doesn't belong here - but don't teams historically play better coming off of their bye, or was I just imagining that? This trend of teams losing after their bye week this year has caught me entirely by surprise.

Naw, typically a bye week can slow down a team's momentum, if they have any. The week off sometimes throws guys off their routines as they try to heal up injuries, and they dont come back completely cohesive as a unit right away. I think SD will win and cover, I just felt it safer to roll with Steeltown's momentum.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Chew » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:10 am

Oakland is also coming off a bye. SD is just a better team.. I'll take my chances with SD.
Chew
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:07 am

Evolution wrote:
Tyr wrote:I know this post doesn't belong here - but don't teams historically play better coming off of their bye, or was I just imagining that? This trend of teams losing after their bye week this year has caught me entirely by surprise.

Naw, typically a bye week can slow down a team's momentum, if they have any. The week off sometimes throws guys off their routines as they try to heal up injuries, and they dont come back completely cohesive as a unit right away. I think SD will win and cover, I just felt it safer to roll with Steeltown's momentum.

Good call Evo ... I would like to see stats on teams coming back from bye weeks and their records. In my limited way of thinking, playing after a bye would mean a team has 2 weeks to work on a gameplan, which given the tremendous coaching that goes on in the NFL, would seem to be an advantage, and that physically a team coming off a bye would be rested and ready to rumble.
:-? :-? :-?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:32 pm

Evolution wrote:

From my non-scientific study and drug-addled memory, I think that teams do better coming off of a bye week for the simple fact that they have an extra week to rest and heal. Gimpy players (LT) can mend for 2 full weeks without having their recovery pounded out of them on Sunday.

Anyways - SD -3.5 for me. Fingers crossed.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lushcrush » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:38 pm

Bolts minus 3.5 ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:48 pm

If the Bolts don't cover we're screwed.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tyr » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:40 pm

It'll be like the Baltimore disaster in week 1. :-o
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk