Shane Mathews - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shane Mathews

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shane Mathews

Postby The Ethical » Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:37 pm

How is Shane Mathews going to perform in Washington? Under Spurrier, there seems to be the potential for a break-out season. Is Mathews worth a gamble as a backup?
The Ethical
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Redskin QBs

Postby Raider8081 » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:08 pm

Spurrier is not going to name his starter for a few more weeks - I have a hunch Matthews will be backing up Wuerffel anyway - he ran Spurrier's offense in college and the coach likes him. Even IF that happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny falter and Shane get the starting nod at some point in the season.
Personally, I wouldn't draft any of these guys as my backup - but I would pick one up as a third QB - one of them could have a huge year in this offense... question is - which one?

:-t
Raider8081

Friendliness: %

Postby Michael Hunt » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:19 pm

I have to agree...From what I've seen, Danny seems to have the job. Shane didn't look too bad on the last preseason game, but Spurrier really seems to have taken a liking to Wiffle Boy (can't spell his last name, sorry). I wouldn't take one right now, although I did draft Gardner and Green (in seperate leagues). I think those two may put up some good numbers in this new offense...
Michael Hunt

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk