Priest out for year??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest out for year???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Priestrulsz » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:43 pm

Holmes update:

Holmes sat out Monday night's loss against the Patriots because of a strained MCL. Derrick Blaylock filled in for Holmes once again in the Week #11 game. PFSi sources are now reporting that my information on Holmes possibly missing the remainder of the season is slowly starting to come to fruition. Confidants of Holmes reporting to PFSi sources on Monday reported that it is possible that Holmes will need 4-6 weeks of rest for his MCL with no guarantee he will even return this year at all. The source mentioned the last game of the season (Week #17) as a possible return for Holmes. Neither the Chiefs team officials, Priest Holmes, nor the Fame Agency (Holmes' official representative) has made any official announcements on Holmes' return. ----Did everyone get a good look at Derrick Blaylock on Monday night football? Is there really any question that he can’t replace Priest Holmes? The two running backs have little in common other than height and weight.

This is from that fountain of misinformation at Pro fantasy Sports Brian Finn.
Just saw on rotowire and cbs.sportsline where they say that Priest will miss week 12 and "hopefully" be back for week 13.
I think Priest is being cautious, but I think he returns in week 13 if not earlier.
He knows the Chiefs need him
either way I think he only comes back to score some touchdowns will not get overused.
PFS claims to have sources everywhere, while they are only beat writers in whatever city they speak of.
I don't and won't believe what FInn is saying of Priest and his injury, remember this is just a "strain" not a sprain or pop anything like that.
Priestrulsz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedirtiedawgs » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:52 pm

Nope the High Priest will be back pretty soon. The following can be found on http://www.kcchiefs.com :

Q: Will Priest Holmes be ready to play?

VERMEIL: “No, I don’t think so. I think there might be a chance that he’ll be ready to play a week from this week. He definitely feels better, but I think he’s at least two games away.”

Q: With Priest being out and you’re sitting at 3-7 do you think about leaving him out the rest of the season?

VERMEIL: “No, no. Once he gets healthy he’ll play. He wants to play…badly. It’s hurting him more right now than ever in his career to miss. He struggled with this for the last nine days. It’s really affected him. He’s over the hump now and realistic about what he has to do to get ready to play. He’s looking forward to it. He’s over the emotional downside of it. He knows where his priorities are maybe even more today than maybe before he hurt his knee. He wants to play.”
Come on Fellas stay healthy

QB-P.MANNING
RB-L.JOHNSON
RB-JAMES
WR-T.HOLT
WR-C.JOHNSON
TE-WINSLOW
K-RACKERS
DEF-BALTIMORE

Fitz,Dunn,Bush,Farve....
thedirtiedawgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:16 pm

thedirtiedawgs wrote:Nope the High Priest will be back pretty soon. The following can be found on http://www.kcchiefs.com :

Q: Will Priest Holmes be ready to play?

VERMEIL: “No, I don’t think so. I think there might be a chance that he’ll be ready to play a week from this week. He definitely feels better, but I think he’s at least two games away.”

Q: With Priest being out and you’re sitting at 3-7 do you think about leaving him out the rest of the season?

VERMEIL: “No, no. Once he gets healthy he’ll play. He wants to play…badly. It’s hurting him more right now than ever in his career to miss. He struggled with this for the last nine days. It’s really affected him. He’s over the hump now and realistic about what he has to do to get ready to play. He’s looking forward to it. He’s over the emotional downside of it. He knows where his priorities are maybe even more today than maybe before he hurt his knee. He wants to play.”

Spoken like anyone would about their player...i believe nothing until i see it.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jwbseven » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:48 am

Does anyone else notice that the people who don't have Priest Holmes (ie. the ones who are benefiting from him being out) are the ones that swear he is done for the season, citing various articles. On the flip side, all of us who have him seem to find all of the reports about him coming back.

It's just interesting on what we choose to give creedence to.
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:28 am

jwbseven wrote:Does anyone else notice that the people who don't have Priest Holmes (ie. the ones who are benefiting from him being out) are the ones that swear he is done for the season, citing various articles. On the flip side, all of us who have him seem to find all of the reports about him coming back.

which is true in most situations. biases play a major role in our daily decisions. hope is blinding. however, i dont have holmes, nor do i have blaylock. i just wont believe hes out, or in, till he plays or gets put on the IR
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mad benjamin » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:16 am

jwbseven wrote:Does anyone else notice that the people who don't have Priest Holmes (ie. the ones who are benefiting from him being out) are the ones that swear he is done for the season, citing various articles. On the flip side, all of us who have him seem to find all of the reports about him coming back.

Does that shock you? Have you seen the threads on this site regarding other players? It is a mixture of eternal optimism for your player and justifying in one's own mind the selection of said player. Some Barlow owners refuse to accept that they made a mistake taking him in the 2nd round and still ask "can he turn it around"? It only makes sense that Priest owners hold out hope of his return and that Blaylock owners hold out hope they made the ww pickup of the century. Maybe it is more "rooting" for one or the other than anything else.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thedirtiedawgs » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:28 am

At any rate I look forward to rooting for the man who brought me to the brink of a title last year and helped me to an 11-0 start this year.
Come on Fellas stay healthy

QB-P.MANNING
RB-L.JOHNSON
RB-JAMES
WR-T.HOLT
WR-C.JOHNSON
TE-WINSLOW
K-RACKERS
DEF-BALTIMORE

Fitz,Dunn,Bush,Farve....
thedirtiedawgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Priestrulsz » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:14 am

thedirtiedawgs wrote:At any rate I look forward to rooting for the man who brought me to the brink of a title last year and helped me to an 11-0 start this year.

I am with yo uyou on that one dirty one.

I have lost 3 straight since he went down, and after running away with the league at 7-1, I am fighting for my playoff life at 7-4.

Please come on back might one.
Priestrulsz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Priestrulsz » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:18 am

True.
I am a Priest owner in a moneyleague (hence the name)
my biggest issue thru all of this is some alledgly reputable sources quoting Priest is gone for the year.
It just donesn't sit with the rest of what is said or what Priest or Dick V are saying.
I guess I wont belive it till he is off th injury report, but here is to hoping for a WEEk 13 return.
Priestrulsz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ramrock » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:07 am

Priestrulsz wrote:

True.
I am a Priest owner in a moneyleague (hence the name)
i'm also a priest owner in a money league but what worries me is this week is was down graded from doubtful last week to out this week>do you not see something there?
Ramrock
my biggest issue thru all of this is some alledgly reputable sources quoting Priest is gone for the year.
It just donesn't sit with the rest of what is said or what Priest or Dick V are saying.
I guess I wont belive it till he is off th injury report, but here is to hoping for a WEEk 13 return.
Ramrock
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk