Priest out for year??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest out for year???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FltMech » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:49 pm

Even when or if he returns, He will not be the same Priest that we all know. It will take time for him to get back up to speed and even if he returns next week Blaylock still may get the majority of the carries for awhile.
FltMech
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jwbseven » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:49 am

mad benjamin wrote:
jwbseven wrote:Does anyone else notice that the people who don't have Priest Holmes (ie. the ones who are benefiting from him being out) are the ones that swear he is done for the season, citing various articles. On the flip side, all of us who have him seem to find all of the reports about him coming back.

It's just interesting on what we choose to give creedence to.

Does that shock you? Have you seen the threads on this site regarding other players? It is a mixture of eternal optimism for your player and justifying in one's own mind the selection of said player. Some Barlow owners refuse to accept that they made a mistake taking him in the 2nd round and still ask "can he turn it around"? It only makes sense that Priest owners hold out hope of his return and that Blaylock owners hold out hope they made the ww pickup of the century. Maybe it is more "rooting" for one or the other than anything else.

so true
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Legacy » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:27 am

If he's back to full speed by week 15, I'll be one happy camper.

QB: Culpepper, Collins
RB: Holmes, Edge, K. Jones, S. Jackson, M.Pittman, D. Blaylock
WR: J.Walker, M.Robinson, McCardell, Givens
TE: J.Witten, Wiggins
K: Feely, M.Anderson
Def: Baltimore, Cincinnati
Legacy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby cosmicsmith » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:55 am

I have him as well but I was able to pick up Blaylock before anyone else in my league got the news when he got hurt. I hope he comes back though, I'm unsure of Blaylock. I also have McGahee and J.Jones so it will be musical chairs at running back the rest of the way for me.
cosmicsmith
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cosmicsmith » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:59 am

I have him as well but I was able to pick up Blaylock before anyone else in my league got the news when he got hurt. I hope he comes back though, I'm unsure of Blaylock. I also have McGahee and J.Jones so it will be musical chairs at running back the rest of the way for me.
cosmicsmith
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jwbseven » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:08 pm

I don't care if they only use him on the goal line when he gets back. I just need those GUARANTEED TD points
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby winjr » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:20 pm

cosmicsmith wrote:I have him as well but I was able to pick up Blaylock before anyone else in my league got the news when he got hurt. I hope he comes back though, I'm unsure of Blaylock. I also have McGahee and J.Jones so it will be musical chairs at running back the rest of the way for me.

Cos, you and I have the exact same lineup at RB. Making starting decisions sure was a lot easier before Priest got hurt. I started JJ on Thursday (whew), but don't have the slightest idea how to choose between Blaylock and McGahee this Sunday. Sucks, doesn't it?
winjr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Priestrulsz » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:14 pm

Just to keep this post alive, any new news on the Priest for this upcoming week??
I am on a limb fighting for my playoff life, lost my 4th in a row to go to 7-5...
Priestrulsz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Priestrulsz » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:38 pm

latest i could find this sucks!!! :-o :-o :-o :-t :-t

Vermeil also said running back Priest Holmes would miss another week. It will be the fourth straight game Holmes has missed since spraining medial collateral ligaments in his right knee on Nov. 7 at Tampa Bay.

Counting the Tampa Bay game, the Chiefs (3-8) are 0-4 since he was injured.

``Priest continues to make progress, but I think he's at least two weeks away. He won't be ready for this week,'' Vermeil said.

Vermeil indicated the injury may not be healing as quickly as doctors thought it would.

``He's on consistent rehab each day,'' Vermeil said. ``He goes through a rehab program and a treatment program. But there's not a lot of things you can put magic salve on. It's just normal routine that almost everybody in the country uses in regard to that. Tomorrow, I understand, he'll start in a limited running program.''

Vermeil also responded sharply to criticism directed toward Holmes for not joining his teammates on the sideline during games. Television cameras showed him several times on Sunday sitting in a press-box suite eating snacks.

The NFL limits the number of people who can be in the bench area during games and discourages disabled players from being there, team spokesman Bob Moore said. He said the Chiefs have been fined several times for having too many people in the bench area.

Vermeil said most of the injured Chiefs players also watched the game from the suite.

``When you lose, there's criticism of everything,'' Vermeil said. ``If they want to criticize Priest Holmes for sitting up in the box with the rest of the guys, they have a choice. The league prefers them not to be on the field.''

I still say he guts it oout and plays at least some this week
Priestrulsz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby floydyboy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:15 pm

I still say he guts it out and plays at least some this week.

If Priest is gonna come back, I don't want him back until he's ready. I'm still holding out hope. What really sucks though, is L. Johnson stealing some carries from Blaylock. Blaylock should light up OAK next week but with Johnson getting more carries than Blaylock last week, I don't think I can start him over LT/Pittman/JJ. Thankfuly, that combo was great this past week.

I built depth at RB this year through the WW but now have 6 backs and currently, only 3 are safe plays IMO. Now my WR depth sucks. It's painful to think I gave up on A. Lelie, C. Chambers and B. Stokley (he's still big hit or big miss) a bit too early. N. Burleson served me well while Moss was out but now he's anything but a safe start.

I'm the league point leader and tied for 1st at 9-2 but I'm playing the other 1st place owner this week. Now, with Boldin getting a brand spanking new QB this week, I have to hope Jerry Porter can come close to last night's performance vs KC.
My Championship Winning Lineup:
QB: BVolek
RB: JJones, LJohnson
RB/WR: MPittman
WR: THolt, JHorn, EKennison
WR/TE: NBurleson
TE: JWitten
K: JKasay
D: BAL
Bch: KCollins, JGalloway, JPorter, LTomlinson, LBetts, LSuggs
floydyboy
Defensive Assistant