Priest out for year??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest out for year???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:41 am

Yeah, Larry Johnson is really messing things up for Derrick Blaylock owners. The way things look, LJ is getting showcase time for other teams, including the Chiefs, to check out his abilities.

I was of the mindset that the Chiefs shouldn't IR Priest Holmes, but the way things sound, it seems almost logical to place Holmes on that distinguished list. He's of no use to the team at this point. It's a shame, too. Holmes was on a record TD pace, yet again...but this is all academic.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ricky_Christ » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:11 am

Anyone have any news on who will get the bulk of the carries against Oakland? My guess would be Johnson, what better showcase than that...
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:29 am

Nothing yet. The only thing that I've read about the split in carries was from PFS about a week and a half ago, all speculation that LJ would be featured more.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby juggs » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:58 am

LJ got got Green hit numerous times on sunday by missed blocks. I would think DV doesn't want to get anyone else injured by putting LJ in there again! LJ only played the third series of the game and that was about it for him!
My team

qb's Brady, Garcia, Rattay
rb's- Priest, Dunn, R Johnson, TJ Ducket
wr's- Ward, Moulds, M Robinson, C Johnson
te's- Wiggins, B Williams
k Carney
Def Titans, SD
juggs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:08 am

I do agree with LJ's blitz pickups. They were horrible. Green makes enough bad decisions when the pressure is on. A last resort missing a block is going to cause a lot more chaos, plus let your QB take some shots.

That said, I would still bet they showcase him somewhat this week. And that bites, since I need Blaylock to have a big game this week.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ramrock » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:17 am

He he
To all you blaylock owners that went out and took him just so you could screw the Priest owner your getting what you deserve, RBBC.
Go LJ
Ramrock
Ramrock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:24 am

Ramrock wrote:He he
To all you blaylock owners that went out and took him just so you could screw the Priest owner your getting what you deserve, RBBC.
Go LJ
Ramrock

So legitimately picking up a player that will now get some playing time is trying to "screw the Priest owner?"
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Priestrulsz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:58 pm

I did trade for LJ
but dont think I should start him over T Jones , onterrio or D. Davis.
will Lj get enough carries to even consider him this week?
Pleae come Back Priest I need you for the Playoffs, more importantly to get into the playoffs.
Priestrulsz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Justin_Case » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:37 pm

Go LJ
Ramrock

I'm in a 'Points' league and am a very close 2nd to my buddy who picked up Blaylock before I could handcuff him to my Priest. I was able to grab L.J. a couple weeks ago, so hopefully I get the last laugh! lol
Justin_Case
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby matmat » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:47 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Go LJ
Ramrock

So legitimately picking up a player that will now get some playing time is trying to "screw the Priest owner?"

agreed. how in heck is that trying to screw the priest owner?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk