I'm 0-2 and in need of lineup help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm 0-2 and in need of lineup help

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm 0-2 and in need of lineup help

Postby whassup » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:48 pm

I kicked butt as a FF rookie last year so the pressure is on, but I'm 0-2 this year. I need help in the RB and WR area. Who do I start this week?

At RB, I need 2 and will definately start Edgerrin James. But out of Lamar Smith (vs. Vikings) and James Stewart (vs. Packers), who would you go with?

At WR, I need 3. Even though he hasn't done anything yet, I guess I still will have to start Torry Holt. However, what other 2 should I start out of Qadry Ismail (vs. Texans), Chris Chambers (vs. Jets), or Donte Stallworth (vs. Bears). I do have Peter Warrick, but plan to drop him anyway... Please help, I can't go 0-3 :~(
whassup

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby doggy » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:57 pm

yo i go with l.smith da vikings defense sucks and i would go with ismail and chris chambers! dats da best chance u have of winning! doggy knows all!
doggy

Postby gridiron goddess » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:39 pm

At WR, I would definitely start Ismail and Chambers. Stallworth is going up against one of the top D's in the league.

At RB, it's a tougher decision. The Lions suck, but the Packers have been pretty weak on their run D. The Vikings D usually sucks, but they've been pretty tough on their run D this year. In the end, I would have to say avoid the Lions at all costs. Start Smith.
gridiron goddess

Who to Start

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:37 pm

I guess I think differently than alot of folks here, but that's okay ... all 5 of my fantasy teams won last week :)

Stallworth has been consistent against two very good teams. Ismail was pathetic last week vs Miami and spectacular the week before against a horrible defense. Keep in mind that Houston has a decent pass defense. I would bench Ismail this week and start him in Week 5 against the hapless Bengals.

Chambers failed to light up either of the pathetic teams he's faced so far; I bet he will be on the waivers in some leagues after this coming weekend.

Stewart should all ready be on the waivers. He's in a hopeless situation unless the Lions wake up and trade for a decent QB, or grab one out of the free agent pool. Punter Tom Tupa is a heck of a lot better at QB than anyone on the Lions team.

Holt is overdue for a big game. I think he will cash in this week.

I recommend L. Smith at RB, and Holt and Stallworth at WR.

For 3rd WR, since you're going to drop a guy anyways, check the waivers for Quincy Morgan, Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Deion Branch, or just about any other decent player who is still getting overlooked in a league near you. I like having one player I'm not too attached to so I can pick up free agents for byes and to take advantage of matchups. Guys available in one of my leagues right now include: Josh Reed, Joey Galloway, Donte Stallworth, Ike Hilliard, and Patrick Johnson (because of the bye I guess). Also available is Patriots starter David Patten vs the Chiefs this week. My receivers are phat but someone is smoking crack letting this guy sit around in the free agent pool, especially facing the Chiefs.

If you feel that you HAVE to choose between Ismail and Chambers, Ismail has more upside.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk