help a girl out ..... I have a trade offer should I take it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

help a girl out ..... I have a trade offer should I take it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

help a girl out ..... I have a trade offer should I take it?

Postby Marry » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:21 pm

:-o

I am in a Touchdown League only
I have both Kurt Warner and Aaron Brooks

Someone wants to give me:

Ladianian Thomlinson
Tim Brown

for

Warner
Alstott (sits on my bench)
W. Walls (Also sits on my bench)

should I do this?
Marry

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby gridiron goddess » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:31 pm

From one chick fantasy player to another -- I wouldn't make the trade.

In a touchdown-only league, the most important players are the QB's and Warner is the #1 QB in the game.

You might want to see if they'll take Brooks instead, who happens to be rockin' this year with the Saints.
gridiron goddess

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:35 pm

I know I like Warner as well, but I can only polay one QB and I think Brooks will throw more td's THIS year and I get two guys who can help my roster. are you sure I should not do the deal?

Postby gridiron goddess » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:49 pm

It would depend on who else is on your roster really. Brown COULD have a good year with the Pat's but has yet to score a touchdown this season. Meanwhile, Tomlinson has not broken 200 yards in 2 games and has only scored 1 TD. Brooks definitely has given you the most scores, but will it continue to be higher than what you get from Warner?

If it were me, depending on who else I had on my roster, I wouldn't make the trade and wait to see how things play out with Warner while continuing to play Brooks.
gridiron goddess

Postby aquaman » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:54 pm

.... need more info to help you out.....

If you already have stud RB's and Tomlinson would not be starting for you (hard to believe), and, if you already have stud WR's and TBrown would not start for you.... then don't make the trade. 70% of starting QBs lose some time due to injury over the course of the year... having that depth at QB could be very valuable.

BUT, if your current starters are RB's like Gary, Bennett, James Stewart or Thomas Jones... or WRs like Galloway, PWarrick or McCaffrey..... make the trade in a second and be grateful.

See if you can also get back an add'l QB from the other team as insurance.
aquaman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Shoul I do this madd trade?

Postby marry » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:12 pm

ok here is my team

Warner
Brooks

George
Garner
Alstott
Hearst
O. Gary

T. Holt
J. Rice
D. Stallworth
D. Branch
D. Patten
A. Freeman
W. Walls

should I trade Warner, Alstott, Walls for:

L. Thomlinson and TIM Brown

I would still have A. Brooks at QB

please remember this is a TD scoring league only.

should I do it?
marry

damsel in distress

Postby mikey » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:40 pm

do it in heartbeat beacuse it is a scoring league. tomlinson is the RB on the Chargers who is going to score all the rushing TDS. this year brooks may have as many tds if you combine his rushing and passing as warner will have and tim brown is always good for 10 tds a year. as long as you have brooks, make the trade.
mikey

Strategy is the key here...

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:51 pm

Ok...

The goal of being in a FFL is to win, right?

Why give up one of your elite QBs to someone else who will benefit immensely from it? Yes, LT and Brown are valuable at their respective positions, but giving up Warner would give the other team a HUGE boost in TDs and could cost you down the road.

What happens if Brooks gets injured? If you make this trade, then you would have to scramble for a backup QB, which won't be nearly as valuable as Warner. This is especially important in a TD-only league. Better to keep both QBs and play the hot hand, and use the best QB during each week.

My philosophy on trades is that if someone offers a trade to you, you are in a position of power. No way should you ever accept a trade, unless it clearly benefits you. Carefully consider all the pros and cons of the trade. If you really want to make the trade, always counteroffer first!

Just today someone offered Thomas Jones to me for Qadry Ismail. Now, I had Jones and dropped him a few weeks ago, since he was a backup for me. Ismail is usually a starter for me, unless he has a terrible matchup or a bye. Also, Jones has a bye the same week that I play the other team who offered the trade. Which was one of the reasons why I dropped him in the first place. Oh, and my two starting RBs have byes on the same week! So, I'd have three RBs that have byes on the same week that I play the team who'd have my starting WR. I don't think it would be prudent of me to accept that. I didn't even make a counteroffer, because the other team doesn't have anyone that I'd consider.

Hang on to Warner unless you want to lose!
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk