mozilla firefox question? any help appreciated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

mozilla firefox question? any help appreciated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tyr » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:45 pm

I'm still using 0.9. It may have changed with 1.0 - I'll check it out and get back to you on it, though.

In any case, it's a *great* tool. You'll swear by it as soon as we get you running with it in the new version. ;-D
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:02 am

Allright guys, I got the media player thing figured out. I had to remove Quicktime off my computer. I guess as a non Microsoft program Firefox defaulted to that first rather than show a Microsoft product being used. Just a guess but it's working now.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wannabthechamp » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:03 pm

Tyr wrote:In the manage bookmarks options (bookmarks -> manage bookmarks) you can set pages to notify you via several means whenever a site is updated. I find this to be an incredibly useful tool in regards to fantasy football. For instance, I have an injury related site set to update every 10 minutes, and set to notify me by playing a sound and automatically opening the page in a new window. Do this by right clicking a bookmark, click the "Schedule" tab, select every day, from midnight to 11pm, every 10 minutes. Click over to the "Notify" tab and choose "Open web page in a new window" and "Play a sound".

I tried doing this, but when I right-clicked I didn't see a "schedule" tab.
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jwbseven » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:41 am

I like Mozilla too but I can't pick my own homepage. It defaults back to another one every time no matter what I do.
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Lost location bar

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:02 am

Has anyone ever lost the location/address bar in Mozilla? I've lost the ability to type in URL addresses and I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried customizing toolbars and searching the Mozilla website for help but to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:58 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:ie may have its problems, but i simply like it better... easier to navigate. For instance, how in God's name do you choose where to put a newly downloaded file using firefox? It was so easy in IE...

It's very easy. I think it was already posted above.

Seriously, IE is a mess. It's very unsecure. I get TONS of spyware and stuff with IE...none with Mozilla.

Mozilla's pluginsare awesome too. I have the winamp plugin and the forecastfox built into the browser.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:05 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:ie may have its problems, but i simply like it better... easier to navigate. For instance, how in God's name do you choose where to put a newly downloaded file using firefox? It was so easy in IE...

It's very easy. I think it was already posted above.

Seriously, IE is a mess. It's very unsecure. I get TONS of spyware and stuff with IE...none with Mozilla.

Mozilla's pluginsare awesome too. I have the winamp plugin and the forecastfox built into the browser.

BH,

Thanks for answering no1cowboysfan's question but I believe that was already answered back in 2004.

Perhaps I should've created a new thread for my question to avoid the confusion.

Again: has anyone ever "lost" the location/address bar in Mozilla? I've lost the ability to type in URL addresses and I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried customizing toolbars and searching the Mozilla website for help but to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:08 am

The Lung wrote:Thanks for answering no1cowboysfan's question but I believe that was already answered back in 2004.

Perhaps I should've created a new thread for my question to avoid the confusion.

Again: has anyone ever "lost" the location/address bar in Mozilla? I've lost the ability to type in URL addresses and I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried customizing toolbars and searching the Mozilla website for help but to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Why in the world would you bump a thread from 2004?

Yes, you should have created a new thread for your newbie question.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:22 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Why in the world would you bump a thread from 2004?

Yes, you should have created a new thread for your newbie question.

Because I hate duplication of threads. Nothing annoys me more than multiple threads for the same purpose. It seems like the "search" function is beyond the realm of capability for the average fantasy football fan. And based on my experience on other discussion boards, internet users in general are not bright enough (or just too lazy) to search.

In this case, I searched and found a relevant thread. I'm sorry that you were too much a newbie to look and see the dates and only respond to the recent question. (mine)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby logan » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:16 am

have you tried going into the customize and restore defalut sets? i don't really no where it would go if the toolbar is not in the customize screen.

also for anyone looking to generally tweak/speed up/customize etc etc this guide is pretty much the best one i've ever gone through.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_1.html
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk