Matt Hasslebeck - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Matt Hasslebeck

Moderator: Football Moderators

Matt Hasslebeck

Postby Ditka in '04 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:27 pm

Is he going to play this week, I just read that he was downgraded to questionable?
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:10 pm

I haven't heard about this, but at this point almost anyone else is a better start than Hasselbeck would be for this week.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:57 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I haven't heard about this, but at this point almost anyone else is a better start than Hasselbeck would be for this week.

i agree...hasselbeck sucks bad enough when he plays bad pass D's let alone a decent miami

latest news:
According to Seattle Post-Intelligencer staff writer Clare Farnsworth, Matt Hasselbeck was expected to practice Thursday, but didn't because of the bruised thigh he received in a collision with Shaun Alexander on the first offensive play Sunday in St. Louis.
The Seattle Times noted, however, that Hasselbeck worked on lateral movement away from the team and is scheduled to get some work today.

Farnsworth noted that in his absence, backup Trent Dilfer has been throwing the ball well.

Stay tuned. ... I'll have more on Hasselbeck later today or early Saturday
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:17 pm

I think they may hold him out of this one... they don't wanna hurt him if they're pushing for the playoffs.

P.S. Finally someone that spelled Hasselbeck with an E in beck, but ya still spelled "Hassel" wrong. :-b
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:39 pm

I just traded him for Bulger and I say good riddance. For those of us who put our trust in Hass this year we got played hard core. Talk about a flop compared to expectations. It's like last year was "we want the ball and we're gonna score" and this year instead of scoring he is throwing picks to lose the game/games
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fantasizing » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:45 pm

Make T. Dilfer will provide that spark the passing game needs.
Sometimes it helps to switch QBs.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:57 pm

Wanna know how bad it is?

I got Hass and Dilfer, and picked up Kerry Collins 'just in case.'
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Smizzy » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:40 am

November 19, 2004 8:57 PM ET
Seahawks: Hasselbeck may not play
The News
Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck did not practice on Friday and was downgraded from probable to questionable on the Seahawks' injury report. He has a charley horse on his right thigh that he suffered on the first play of Sunday's game against the Rams. Trent Dilfer replaced Hasselbeck as the first-team quarterback in practice this week and would start if Matt can't play. "We'll still wait until Sunday to make the decision," head coach Mike Holmgren told the Associated Press. "But if he's not noticeably better, then Trent will play."
Our View
The injury has gotten worse all week, so the odds are against it becoming noticeably better in two days. Still, Hasselbeck played through the pain last Sunday, so he may be able to tough it out this week too. If Matt does start he will be going up against a very good Dolphins' pass defense, so you may want to explore other options at quarterback this week.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk