Jamal Robertson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Robertson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jamal Robertson

Postby mad benjamin » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:51 pm

Joey Harris, Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster are all out for the year. All that remain are Hoover, Goings, Bennett and...

...Jamal Robertson. They signed this guy, the former #2 back in San Fran, to presumably see some playing time. Anyone hear anything on this? I don't expect that he would be a great start (though one never knows; too many injuries to the offense) but if he gets at least the majority of the carries, he's got to be worth holding on to just for the fact that he is a starting RB.

Any thoughts on this? I've heard no news since he was signed by Carolina.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gtabaplayr » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:14 pm

not sure about robertson ...but if you packaged a running back and one of your many wr's you wouldn't have to worry about him cuz you could upgrade your team...... if there is a team in need of widerecievers in your league.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:29 pm

i picked him up because i had an extra roster spot and i didnt want anyone else to use him...i havent heard any news since he was signed...not really a good sign. i have my doubts that he will do anything, but who knows these days.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:07 am

Joey Harris is out for the year? Damn who the hell did the Panthers piss off in the offseason to be starting 4th string RBs.

As far as Robertson...

Well they cut him to add another RB from the practice squad. Not exactly a glowing endorsement of his skills. Then again, the way the 49ers have been run lately, he's probably the best waiver wire pickup for 2005.

Undrafted free agent out of Ohio Northern. Good luck with that.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk