Fun article from Don Banks.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fun article from Don Banks....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fun article from Don Banks....

Postby tomkatt » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:31 pm

"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:44 pm

Winslow,huh? :-P

Nice read.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:48 pm

Interesting stuff...weird to think about where players would be if they in other places!

Ben might still have had a huge impact. Warner gets benched, Ben goes in. The Giants have a good run game with Tiki, but that protection scares me. Ben might not have had a chance to do what he is doing. Hopefully his speed would help him out.

One pick I didn't get was Stephen Jackson for TB. They were going to use Alstott anyway and Pittman was coming back, so why draft a guy just because you need him for like three games?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:51 pm

Roy Williams having Kerry Collins as a quarterback 8-o

Clayton would of fit nicely in Jax

I wish there was a part 3 so I could see who my chiefs should of drafted because I doubt it would be Junior Savii agian

Good Read ;-D
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:08 pm

I like Siavii... :,-(

Anyways, I hope this is solely for comedy... as I disagree with a lot of this. But I suppose everyone has their differences.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wannabthechamp » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:08 am

Mercer Boy wrote:One pick I didn't get was Stephen Jackson for TB. They were going to use Alstott anyway and Pittman was coming back, so why draft a guy just because you need him for like three games?

Exactly, Pittman is a solid back and anyways, they really needed a WR... Jurevicius, Lee, Schroeder, Galloway, etc. are all pretty much scrub receivers, but with Clayton they have a guy who is going to be a good #1 WR someday, and pretty much already is. Without Clayton, the TB passing game would be awful IMO.
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:58 am

This draft board starts off stupidly.

Ben R to New York? No.

The reason Big Ben is having so much success is because that oline is solid as a rock and they can run the ball 30x a game and he gets to throw to Hines Ward and a resurgent Plax. Ben doesn't have that luxury in NY.

Craig Krenzel to the Bills in the first round? GTFOOH. "3-0 as a starter" is a bullcrap stat. His team is 3-0, not Krenzel. They are winning with defense and special teams, not 2 INTs a game from Krenzel. What a load of bull.

#1 San Diego: Robert Gallery.
#2 Oakland: Trade down for defensive help or Jackson.
#3 Arizona: Trade down for Jackson or Kellen Winslow.
#4 New York: Hmm... Tommie Harris
#5 Redskins: Hmm... Taylor is still good here. I still think they need d-line or o-line help more than a FS though. Not really sure what centers have been good this year. Can't really take one in the first round. Best thing to do is to trade this pick for multiple picks/players. D-line/O-line holes need to be filled and #5 overall isn't doing it.
#6 Browns: Chris Gamble
#7 Tough call... This year Roy has really helped the offense. Long term they really need to do something with that o-line which can't run the ball at all. Take Roy Williams or trade down for picks to build the o-line.
#8 Atlanta: Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams
#9 Jacksonville: Dunta Robinson
#10 Houston: Yet another team that needs an o-line. Outside of getting their teeth kicked in against Indy, their defense has been pretty good. Kellen Winslow if available. Long term, Shawn Andrews might be good. He got hurt this year though so immediate relief is not available on the o-line.
#11 Pitt: Hmm they've been so good overall this year. I haven't picked any QBs yet and Big Ben has been so good he goes back to Pitt.
#12 NYJ: Vilma again
#13 Buffalo: Sheez. Trade this pick away for as many olineman as you can possibly get.
#14 Chicago: Eli Manning would be a great choice except what's his name is supposedly their QB of the future. Of course this draft is done in hindsight and what's his name got hurt so Manning it is.
#15 Tampa Bay: Michael Clayton... amazing how things work out sometimes.
#16 Philadelphia: I agree that Wilfork is probably the best choice for them here.

That's all I'm doing for now...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:26 am

I agree...Krenzel's numbers are the most deceiving damn stats in the world.

3-0 as a starter. 31-74, 428 yards, 2 touchdowns, 3 interceptions. Average QB rating of 56. :-?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:46 pm

I heard that pitts run play avg in the last 3 games is 50/25 run to pass
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:53 pm

New England Patriots
GIBRIL WILSON, S, Tennessee
Original pick: Vince Wilfork
With all their injuries in the secondary, the Patriots could really use this play-making rookie. Don't get hung up on him playing strong safety, Rodney Harrison's position. In New England, every part is interchangeable. A fifth-round pick of the Giants, Wilson has all but wiped veteran safety Shaun Williams off the depth chart. He has three sacks, three picks and a team-leading 56 tackles.

NO, Gibril Wilson is OUR 5th round steal of the draft. :-]
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk