While we're on it...Blaylock's long term value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

While we're on it...Blaylock's long term value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

While we're on it...Blaylock's long term value?

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:25 am

With Priest being banged up and Blaylock playing great, where does this leave Blaylock's value in keeper and dynasty leagues? He's only 25, with LJ on the roster, is Blaylock the longterm replacement in KC when Priest finally retires? Where is his value right now in dynasty leagues?
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Clarionbigtimer » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:41 am

i'd rather have mookie blaylock.
Clarionbigtimer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:51 am

I don't really do dynasty or keeper leagues, but he definitely has some value in the long run considering how young he is. Maybe if he continues to perform while the Priest is out he will have good trade value at the end of the season.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby biju » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:54 am

I remember when Ricky retired there was press that Priest was considering it during the off season as well. With this injury being similar to the previous two he has had, I seriously give him a 25% possibility of retiring after this year. With that in mind and me being in a keeper league, I put a little on the line to grab Blaylock. So far, this has paid off since he'll likely start at least 3 games this year. However the big dividends come from the long term investment if Holmes retires.

It's a long shot at this point, but worth the gamble. It might not have been the best run D, but week 10 was cause for rejoice in my book.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby matmat » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:55 am

I am fairly sure that he is on a one year contract for this year. When I was watching one of the KC games earlier in the year the announcers felt that blaylock was good enough to be a starter and that, obviously, the only thing holding him back in KC was Holmes. I would not be surprised if he signs elsewhere (or KC, if Priest is done) next year and becomes a solid second tier starter.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk