Chris Brown-- what does your gut tell you? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown-- what does your gut tell you?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Brown-- what does your gut tell you?

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:01 am

I know he is listed as a GTD, but does anyone have the sneaking suspicion he will go Sunday? He was a GTD a couple weeks ago and ran wild with over 30 carries. Granted, 2 games ago Tennessee was less out of the race than they are now, but I know NFL coaches don't think the way fans do.

Anyone's gut tell you that he will start?
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeefSandwiches » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:23 am

If you have a better option, use it. My gut tells me he will get the start but won't produce very well.
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby xbird » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:15 am

It "feels" like he will sit. He left the field last week on a cart.
Even if he starts, he's a poor play. Too many injuries to the
olline.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:18 am

yeah even if he does play he will do nothing against Jacksonville's stingy defense.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:36 am

My best available option if he doesn't play is Kevin Jones who doesn't have a great matchup to beign with this. My gut tells me he will play. It's a division game and he has rested all week. Just hope the swelling is down a little and the painkiller reduces the pain.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RubeRiot » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:58 am

He had a bye week to rest and recover before his game last week, and look st the results...20 carries for 62 yards at home vs. CHI...so I don't think having this week off is going to help anything if a bye week didn't help him for the Chicago game.

I have him on my team, and he will be on my bench for the first time...and he will probably stay there until news out oft he Titans camp becomes a little more possitive.

My guts says he may not play, and that if he does play, he wont be very effective.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:55 am

It all depends on what your other option is. If you can play a Dunn type, I'd pencil Dunn in as the starter until I heard news on Brown. You have to remember, it's not like Jax is a good matchup anyway, so a hurt Brown + bad matchup = probably bench.

And yes, I'm well aware of what Brown did LAST TIME against Jacksonville. However last time is not this time. Entirely different situation. Good run defenses rarely let themselves get beat twice by the same player.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby warrick95 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:08 pm

Looks like he won't play, but you never really know. He was going to be benched for me both ways...because I haven't gotten a trade done yet (I HATE it when people say they'll respond and take a freaking month to do so). Thus, I'm "stuck" with James, J. Lewis, McAllister, Droughns, and Brown on the same team.

Do note that Brown burned JAX last time around, though, so he may do well if he plays. It's risky, though.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby RoxSox » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:38 pm

RubeRiot wrote:He had a bye week to rest and recover before his game last week, and look st the results...20 carries for 62 yards at home vs. CHI...so I don't think having this week off is going to help anything if a bye week didn't help him for the Chicago game.

I have him on my team, and he will be on my bench for the first time...and he will probably stay there until news out oft he Titans camp becomes a little more possitive.

My guts says he may not play, and that if he does play, he wont be very effective.

I agree with this and will be sitting Brown for the first time this week as well, and have to start Wheatley. :~(

Yahoo 10 team Non-Keeper with Friends

Start: QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, D, 3DL, 3 DB

QB-Culpepper, Brees
WR-R. Moss, Boldin, Wayne, Horn
RB-Staley, C. Brown, Pittman, Wheatley
TE-Gonzo, Gates
K-Vandy
DB-Azumah, McGee, R. Barber, E. Reed
DL-J. Abraham, M. Peterson, J. Sharper
Air Shottenheimer has a nice ring to it.
GO CHARGERS!!
RoxSox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby husker_fanatic » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:12 pm

my gut feeling is that he wont ever really recover that well this year.

can you help me out?
http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... 467#689467
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk