Does the Priest injury kill Green's value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does the Priest injury kill Green's value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does the Priest injury kill Green's value?

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:13 pm

If Priest is indeed done for the year,is it time to get rid of Trent Green as well?Or can Johnnie Morton,Eddie Kennison and Tony G. keep Trent alive?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:15 pm

no, keep Green. With Blaylock doing almost as well as the priest had done KC's passing game will be just as good as with priest, if not better.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:15 pm

He can still keep it alive. Blaylock played well and filled in nicely without the TDs.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:20 pm

I'm gonna continue to play him in the 1 league that I have him.Blaylock has filled in nicely and it seems to be business as usual for KC.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jjdub » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:36 pm

If there was a huge drop off in performance for Priest to Blaylock, I would say yes, but given the way Blaylock has been performing I wouldn't expect teams to focus on the pass any more than they do...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:38 pm

Every Touchdown a running back scores is a Touchdown that a Quarter Back don't throw or a wide Reciever catches.

Blaylock will not score as many Touchdowns as Holmes would have and some them will find there way to some of there wide Recievers.

So I think if Holmes is out that it might be an incress in Greens value.
THE TERMINATOR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:40 pm

His value wont drop. Blaylock will fill in nicely and they have a great O-Line, so keep starting him if you have him.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:41 pm

I am a huge Chief fan so therefor I like Blaylock and Holmes. But other than 2 quarters against ATL and 1 game against NEW ORLEANS a terrible D. You guys act like Blaylock has already proven himself to be as effective as Priest. Other than Atlanta who was having a bad day Blaylock hasnt faced a tough defense yet.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:50 pm

ljthockey wrote:I am a huge Chief fan so therefor I like Blaylock and Holmes. But other than 2 quarters against ATL and 1 game against NEW ORLEANS a terrible D. You guys act like Blaylock has already proven himself to be as effective as Priest. Other than Atlanta who was having a bad day Blaylock hasnt faced a tough defense yet.

i agree..and when he went into that atlanta game, priest had already wore them down for 4 tds...they were already beat mentally. new orleans doesnt count....it will be a couple more good games until i believe in him fully.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:44 am

Its not that Blaylock is the savior. We aren't idiots! Two productive games! This is how i see it(probably how others feel also) Trent Green has a SERVICEABLE RB keeping the defenses honest. Allowing Green to be a productive QB. Making his WRs decent plays and if what you are saying is true, about him not being so good. Then either way Green needs to lean more on his WRs. So i am just fine. Because have a vested interest in the WR core. GONZO/Kennison

I am a GONZO and recent Kennison*just b4 he busted out that 120 yard and TD game* owner. As long a Blaylock can fill-in half of priest shoes a gives the offense to score some passing TDs. I am all for it.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk