delhomme, is he playing? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

delhomme, is he playing?

Moderator: Football Moderators

delhomme, is he playing?

Postby tpetty6320 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:31 pm

trying to figure out if he will play and if so what are his chances of having a good game with a broke finger???
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:37 pm

got this off The Huddle...its a day old but the latest news I could find

Jake Delhomme - QB Carolina Panthers 11/19/04

Delhomme remains positive that he will be able to play against the Cardinals this week. He has not participated in team drills this week but has been about to do some light throwing on the side. "I felt OK throwing," said Delhomme. "I'm not going to lie; there is pain there. But there's going to be pain there for the rest of the season. That's just the way it is. It's gotten better. I anticipate it getting better the rest of the season. I was encouraged, very encouraged," Delhomme said. "We'll leave it at that. I've got to see if it swells up now, but I will take every precaution to get it right. I plan on trying to play if I can. But I don't know how it will react overnight and again tomorrow. We'll see."

so yeah it looks like he will play, but don't expect good numbers from him on Sunday
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby tpetty6320 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:41 pm

appreciate it, i figured thats about where it stands.... guess ill go with brooks instead.............
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:42 pm

yeah thats the better move.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:49 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:got this off The Huddle...its a day old but the latest news I could find

Jake Delhomme - QB Carolina Panthers 11/19/04

Delhomme remains positive that he will be able to play against the Cardinals this week. He has not participated in team drills this week but has been about to do some light throwing on the side. "I felt OK throwing," said Delhomme. "I'm not going to lie; there is pain there. But there's going to be pain there for the rest of the season. That's just the way it is. It's gotten better. I anticipate it getting better the rest of the season. I was encouraged, very encouraged," Delhomme said. "We'll leave it at that. I've got to see if it swells up now, but I will take every precaution to get it right. I plan on trying to play if I can. But I don't know how it will react overnight and again tomorrow. We'll see."

so yeah it looks like he will play, but don't expect good numbers from him on Sunday

Does anyone have any more recent info than this? I know that he threw on Thursday, then sat out Friday, but I can't find anything more about it. I'm stuck in a start 2 QB league and I need to choose between Delhomme & Peete. I don't think I'm going to have access to my roster tomorrow morning (hot date!!! ;-D ).

If anyone has heard anything new, please post the info!
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:09 pm

Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:24 pm

Thanks GP. Guess I'll just have to leave Delhomme in & hope for the best. Almost canceled the date for this...

Sigh, such an addict. :~(
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RaudeR » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:16 am

No snaps all week. Threw on the sidelines Thursday and Friday. Havn't heard what he did yesterday. Im going with Griese.. :(
RaudeR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk