The Future of Roy Williams this year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Future of Roy Williams this year

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Future of Roy Williams this year

Postby TheRealDeal77 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:53 pm

How do you think Roy will fare the rest of the season. Looks like he's almost 100%. Do you think he will rise again or stay slightly above average in the Detroit Offense?
TheRealDeal77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:24 pm

I think hes gonna be huge from here on out. Especially with az hakim out.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:39 pm

All I know is he is NOT the best rookie reciever. Michael Clayton is.

Wait that has nothing to do with the question. Yeah he should play a bigger role than before but with Hakim out defenses will focus on shutting don Roy more so maybe not better numbers.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:43 pm

if Roy hadn't gotten hurt he would've been best rookie receiver easily. and he will be, for the rest of the season.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:55 pm

ljthockey wrote:All I know is he is NOT the best rookie reciever. Michael Clayton is.

Wait that has nothing to do with the question. Yeah he should play a bigger role than before but with Hakim out defenses will focus on shutting don Roy more so maybe not better numbers.

I like Clayton but Roy is better.

Roy should be fine the rest of the year. I'd say he'll finish with the best rookie #'s from the WR spot. It's tough to compare Fitzy and him right now because Rogers is out now and Boldin's back in for 'Zona. I'd like to see how they both pan out next year when both WRs are with the other two.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:12 pm

Roy will probaly put up bigger numbers than Clayton but I would rather have Clayton if I were an NFL team. Roy is faster running a 4.4 compared to Claytons 4.6 and is a better red zone reciever. Clayton is a bit bigger height wise better run blocker. Clayton is also more clutch having 13 catches to Roys 6 in the 4th quarter. Its to hard to compare stats because of all the time Roy has missed with injury but just from the games ive watched and there style of play Id rather have Clatyon

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:03 am

I would love to be giving an update on Roy's ankle but the malice at the Palace is all that is talked about in the Motor D this weekend. Last I heard was that Roy was getting healthier and is ready to go off on the ViQueens. But then I hear murmurs of Harrington getting benched if he starts off poorly. I have even less faith in McMahon than Joey. Sounds like it could get ugly if they don't do well in Minnie. So, I'm thinking, they will want to get the air game into high gear via Roy. Sunday could go a long way toward answering your question.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ljthockey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:24 am

I wouldnt be worried about the Harrington situation I would be shocked if Marriuci did decide to bench Harrington because that would lead to even more problems

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hammerwx » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:33 am

ljthockey wrote:Roy will probaly put up bigger numbers than Clayton but I would rather have Clayton if I were an NFL team. Roy is faster running a 4.4 compared to Claytons 4.6 and is a better red zone reciever. Clayton is a bit bigger height wise better run blocker. Clayton is also more clutch having 13 catches to Roys 6 in the 4th quarter. Its to hard to compare stats because of all the time Roy has missed with injury but just from the games ive watched and there style of play Id rather have Clatyon

Clayton 6'4" 197
R. Williams 6'2" 212

I was suprised to see Clayton was taller than Williams.

Clayton is very good, but Williams has the look of something very special. Dare I say R. Moss-like. Williams has that quality of making the game look slow, like Moss, and he is only a rookie.

What sets Williams apart are those long arms and soft hands. He can extend and pluck the ball out of mid-air well away from his body like no one I've ever seen before. His speed and size are throw ins.

Check out the SI.com re-draft. Someone there agrees with me, listing Williams as the #2 overall if it were all done again today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/w ... ml?cnn=yes
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:07 am

ljthockey wrote:Clayton is also more clutch having 13 catches to Roys 6 in the 4th quarter.

That's probably one of the ten dumbest stats ever typed on this site.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk