The Future of Roy Williams this year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Future of Roy Williams this year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:13 am

hammerwx wrote:
ljthockey wrote:Roy will probaly put up bigger numbers than Clayton but I would rather have Clayton if I were an NFL team. Roy is faster running a 4.4 compared to Claytons 4.6 and is a better red zone reciever. Clayton is a bit bigger height wise better run blocker. Clayton is also more clutch having 13 catches to Roys 6 in the 4th quarter. Its to hard to compare stats because of all the time Roy has missed with injury but just from the games ive watched and there style of play Id rather have Clatyon

Clayton 6'4" 197
R. Williams 6'2" 212

I was suprised to see Clayton was taller than Williams.

Clayton is very good, but Williams has the look of something very special. Dare I say R. Moss-like. Williams has that quality of making the game look slow, like Moss, and he is only a rookie.

What sets Williams apart are those long arms and soft hands. He can extend and pluck the ball out of mid-air well away from his body like no one I've ever seen before. His speed and size are throw ins.

Check out the SI.com re-draft. Someone there agrees with me, listing Williams as the #2 overall if it were all done again today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/w ... ml?cnn=yes

great post btw. you about nailed this one. ;-D
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:34 pm

I like all 3 of these rookies, I think we should suspend judgement on which is the best until their 3rd seasons. No one thought I was right when I said I would take Andre Johnson over Boldin, but WRs take a little to warm up and it will be indicative of how good these 3 really are how they perform down the road.

Plus, all 3 of these guys are having amazing rookie seasons, Clayton with gaudy stats and Roy + Larry playing great on bum ankles.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:47 pm

Any recent news on Roy's injury? Is he 70 - 80 - 90 - 100%?
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk