Return to Football Talk

Priest's injury now a strain

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest's injury now a strain

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:11 am

from sportsline:

Strained MCL for Priest

Priest Holmes, RB KC

News: According to the Kansas City Star, after traveling to Florida to get a second opinion on his injured right knee, it was confirmed that Priest Holmes has a strained MCL. Holmes did not practice this week and had his knee drained in Florida. He will not play in Week 11 but the Chiefs hope to have him back soon. "We'll see how he feels next week," Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said.

Analysis: Derrick Blaylock (knee, probable) will start against the Patriots in Week 11 and probably again in Week 12 against the Chargers. It appears the best case scenario is to see Priest back on the field for Week 13 against the Raiders.

well, us priest owners have to hope that the chiefs win a few games. if they win both, i'd say we could see priest again this season. at least this gives some optomism on the situation
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:13 am

There are a ton of topics on this dont add to the pile

I can find at least 3 but here is one you can post in

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=114080
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Priest's injury now a strain

Postby matmat » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:15 am

iloveny18 wrote:from sportsline:

Strained MCL for Priest

Priest Holmes, RB KC

News: According to the Kansas City Star, after traveling to Florida to get a second opinion on his injured right knee, it was confirmed that Priest Holmes has a strained MCL. Holmes did not practice this week and had his knee drained in Florida. He will not play in Week 11 but the Chiefs hope to have him back soon. "We'll see how he feels next week," Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said.

Analysis: Derrick Blaylock (knee, probable) will start against the Patriots in Week 11 and probably again in Week 12 against the Chargers. It appears the best case scenario is to see Priest back on the field for Week 13 against the Raiders.

well, us priest owners have to hope that the chiefs win a few games. if they win both, i'd say we could see priest again this season. at least this gives some optomism on the situation

Look. This is old news. Given that the new "news" is a confirmation of something already talked about. Please take a few minutes to look for similar topics.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:15 am

i saw the posts, but i thought that was a different topic. this was new news that i thought people would want to know that i didn't see here yet.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby matmat » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:17 am

iloveny18 wrote:i saw the posts, but i thought that was a different topic. this was new news that i thought people would want to know that i didn't see here yet.

read first, post later.

this is a corrolary to
think first, speak later.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ljthockey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:18 am

Your exact article and more were in this post http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=114080
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby davus » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:26 am

nothing more annoying than people who think they own an internet forum that they are a guest on.

Here's another etiquette tip for y'all. If you already know the news that someone posts.....

DON'T BOTHER READING IT!

:-t

[/VENT]
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby matmat » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:45 am

davus wrote:nothing more annoying than people who think they own an internet forum that they are a guest on.

Here's another etiquette tip for y'all. If you already know the news that someone posts.....

DON'T BOTHER READING IT!

:-t

[/VENT]

you know... duplication (or worse, multiplication) of threads on the same topic is very annoying, especially ones that are only tangentially related to what the forum is about...
Sleepers, strategy, rumors, advice... all the fantasy football talk you could ask for! (Note: Please do NOT post questions concerning trades, keepers or who to start - they have separate forums above.)

posts like that move more interesting and more to the point threads down or off the page.

posts about Preist's availability probably all should really be made in that start/bench forum.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk