Any news on Pennington's injury? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any news on Pennington's injury?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any news on Pennington's injury?

Postby sha » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:39 pm

my Qb situation this year has been extremely injury prone. With Delhomme's thumb in question i may need a to make room for a new QB. is pennington's injury bad enough to put him on the IR and move on?
sha
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rcmman » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:40 pm

maybe 2-3 more weeks
rcmman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:42 pm

With Jake banged up and Pennington questionable and the schedule he has left. I'd cut him in a redraft league.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:39 pm

Sorry to keep dragging out the Penny threads, but deeper leagues may not have dumped him yet.....

On fanball today:
Chad Pennington received medical clearance to begin throwing on Wednesday. "Everything is going right along and going fine," Pennington told the New York Daily News. The Daily News reports that Pennington said on his weekly ESPN radio show he expects to return on December 5, 12, or 19, but that the earliest date is "extremely optimistic." Pennington's status will be determined by how much strength he regains in his throwing shoulder and he emphasized there are no guarantees with this type of injury and that offseason surgery is still a possibility. Pennington suffered a strained rotator cuff midway through the Jets' week nine game.

OUR VIEW

It looks like we'll see backup Quncy Carter under center for the Jets for at least two more weeks. We'll keep you updated on Pennington's progress as he resumes a workout and throwing regimen.

Looks like the very latest is Week 15. With Seattle and the Pats during fantasy playoff Weeks 15 and 16, I'm not thrilled. But, this is encouraging enough for me keep him around and see how the rehab goes.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:39 am

Officially Injury-Prone

not only does he get hurt...but he leaves for at least multiple weeks. Hey two years in a row is a start of a trend. Damn and this guy had Top Five Tattooed on his ass up until week 6.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk