An observation on the Skins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

An observation on the Skins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:30 pm

first year starter is a big misnomer, they are still green, but they aren't total rookies. they started a good share of last year, and played a fair amount.

at what point do they have to pass before teams realize trying to pass on lito and sheldon is a trap? I can't think of too many big plays those two have yielded. I'd say the draft with michael lewis, sheldon and lito was much more fruitful than many thought.

trhe skins are vanilla, but lets see. The eagles aren;t as vulnerable on the run as everyone thinks. The steelers game was awful, as was thje browns. that team can't stop the bruisers. but the smaller, cut bakc, shifty runners get stopped by the eagles. and notice the second half of the browns game, when trotter took over. when trotter plays, basically the run defense is serviceable.

taking shots downfield would not have been fruitful, keep telling yourself that. randy moss did SO well against them ...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:47 pm

The bias in the above post is quite obvious.

The Eagles rank 19th against the pass in one of the worst passing divisions (discounting the Eagles since they don't play themselves) in the NFL.

Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown are each 5'10", Rod Gardner is 6'2". Regardless of whether or not throwing downfield would have been "fruitful," it is still something that must be done to keep the defence honest. A suitable analogy can be found right over on the other side of the field. Despite the fact that Wasington ranks 3rd in run defense, while Philly ranks in the mid-20's in the rushing offense, the Eagles did not run the football 0 times. You have to keep a defense honest. Regardless of whether or not it was completed, you can bet that if the Skins had tossed one up to Gardner against the much shorter Lito or Sheldon when the Eagles were stacking 8 guys in the box, they would've been forced to respect the deep ball and back off some.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Turnip » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:07 pm

The Redskins this year remind me a lot of the NC State football team this year....it's scary. (Terrible offense, terrible offensive playcalling, quite a bit of turnovers, flipping between 2 sucky QBs outstanding defense) Wolfpack had a lot of penalties though, so they aren't exactly alike. Anyway the Wolfpack program has a lot of problems to figure out, and I would imagine the Redskins too. I completely agree with Free Bagel about Gibbs being a big problem.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:15 pm

lbjackal, I've got a tough time calling Edge or Priest overrated. 8-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Da Host » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:31 am

lbjackal wrote:Another observation: Clinton Portis isn't nearly as good as everybody thought he was.

he was better in Denver....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php << Go there the funniest thing I ever
Saw!

Need a injury update? PM me!
Da Host
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: The Game Where Kevin Dyson comes one yard short of the goal line in the super bowl.

Postby The_Commish » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:55 pm

Ramsey isn't much better than Brunell. Only he can throw the ball (note I didn't say complete) over 15 yards.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting