I just got my Ass Kicked what gives - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I just got my Ass Kicked what gives

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:16 pm

bgbootha wrote:you know first initials might help, I am going to guess that you didn't bench A. Green for M. Morris, but then again......... :-?

Aberfoyle you didn't bench Ahman did you?
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:51 pm

In one league, I faced

QB: Griese
RB: Pittmann, Goings
WR: Muhammad, Stallworth
TE: Crumpler
K: Viniterieri (yet to play)
DEF: Bills

This guy's team was destroyed by injuries (Stephen Davis, Pennington, Chris Brown, Randy Moss)....and he kicked my butt with these scrubs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:54 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:In one league, I faced

QB: Griese
RB: Pittmann, Goings
WR: Muhammad, Stallworth
TE: Crumpler
K: Viniterieri (yet to play)
DEF: Bills

This guy's team was destroyed by injuries (Stephen Davis, Pennington, Chris Brown, Randy Moss)....and he kicked my butt with these scrubs.

damn!!! you could have won yourself a TV, and only spent a few bucks on the best buy game with this roster. Talk about having the right guys at the right time!!! I bet this poor fool is just ecstatic this evening.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Cooner » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:23 am

a bit of a surprise, but not completely-

Good/solid picks:
- Griese has been solid since he started.
- Pittman has proven week in and week out that (when he has a good matchup) he can get a billion yards and break one off (before someone comes in to take his goal line carries). Clearly SF is a good matchup. Look for him to continue the good play since he has a VERY nice schedule from here on out.
- Muhammed isn't a stretch at all. Dude is just plain on fire, and riding the hot hands has always been a good way to win FF leagues. Steve Smith who?
- Crumpler I don't have to defend- everyone knows he's Vick's best target. 2 TDs is a great game, but not at all surprising.

Lucky picks:
- Stallworth has always been a guy to have one great game for every 3 terrible ones. Guy got lucky to pick this game though.
- Goings- haha, that's just plain lucky.

In between picks/educated guesses:
- Bills D is solid, and playing the "offense formerly known as best show on turf" in Buffalo makes an otherwise not-so-nice matchup ok. A bit of luck here.

All in all, I'm sure the guy was jumping for joy, but he did a nice job of choosing the right scrubs for the job.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk